Evektor Harmony.

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

ChristianWelch3

Evektor Harmony.

Post by ChristianWelch3 »

Hello. I'm currently training in a Evektor Harmony. Has anyone flown this plane? It's a very nice plane but I'm having trouble keeping it on the centerline. Not sure if this is common for LSA due to their lightweight. I'm trying to give it little right rudder keep on centerline but I find my self going side to side. Any tips?
SportPilot

Re: Evektor Harmony.

Post by SportPilot »

Last edited by SportPilot on Sun May 15, 2016 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
rcpilot

Post by rcpilot »

Yeah sometimes I have the issue with my Zenith 601. There seems to be a fine line between enough right rudder and too much. :wink:
drseti

Post by drseti »

The Harmony has exactly the same nose wheel steering response and mechanism as my new SportStar Max. Most common mistake I see with my students is if, when they apply too much right rudder pressure on the takeoff run, they try to correct back to the centerline with left rudder. Thus, they over correct and start a divergent oscillation. Instead, try merely relaxing some of the right rudder pressure, and letting torque and p-factor get you straightened out.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
MrMorden

Post by MrMorden »

In all the LSA I have flown, appropriate rudder on the ground is more just differential pressure rather than actually pushing the pedal. Sounds like you might be using too much muscle on it.

Try easing into the rudder instead of trying to give it all you think you'll need at once; if you try to give it the "right amount" of rudder at once, it's likely you'll overshoot and have to take some out or add opposite rudder to compensate.
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

When it comes to . . . how much control input to feed in . . . short answer is . . whatever it takes.
That withstanding . . take care not to overdo it. :D
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
drseti

Post by drseti »

Or in more technical terms: as much force as the situation demands, and not a milliNewton more. :D
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US