LSA in CT

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

nub_pilot

LSA in CT

Post by nub_pilot »

Recently, a Connecticut flight school Learn2FlyCT now has an LSA and able to train anyone for their Sport Pilot or Private Pilot certificate.

https://learn2flyct.com/our-aircraft/

They have a Pipistrel ALPHA Trainer for flight instruction or rental. This is a great opportunity for any PPL's that are not flying due to expired medical's and missed out on the BasicMed dates. Its not the fastest plane available, but sill gives more opportunities to folk that can't get a medical for any reason but still have a drivers license (that's me) or those that have expired.
AGLyme

Re: LSA in CT

Post by AGLyme »

I flew over Windham yesterday at 2,700' and i could see the Pipistrel in the pattern... I did a double take. Nice plane.
nub_pilot

Post by nub_pilot »

That was the owner of the school giving familiarization training to the CFI's. There are 3 now available to train students and check renters out.

It sure is different to fly from the Kappa and yet really fun to fly. Long flights over an hour are a little tough on the butt, need a little more padding for those cross country flights.

Getting ready to start scheduling my training plan.

Jeremy
AGLyme

Post by AGLyme »

Let me know when you are flying to Chester... would love to meet up.
Atrosa

Post by Atrosa »

Wilco
Atrosa

Post by Atrosa »

Opps that was to Jeremy. My pattern work has been at Simsbury. But September it will be Brainard.
Atrosa

Post by Atrosa »

Jeremy,
Have you gone up yet?
nub_pilot

Post by nub_pilot »

I have gone up in it and she is very agile and climbs great at MTOW. in the pattern, she goes to idle and glides right in with maybe a slight slip.

Trying to figure out an instructor since they are all new to the plane and they are trying to used to her sight picture and controls before they get any full time students. Hopefully I'll get on the schedule soon.

Jeremy