Coming to California this month

Sport Pilot Talk is a close-knit community of mutually supportive pilots, who often help each other out with various resources and hospitality. Are you going somewhere and want to meet up with other Sport Pilot Talk members? Do you have hangar space, fuel, tools, or a guest room to share? Or, are you hoping a fellow member can offer you similar support or assistance? Here is the place to post your offers or requests (on a strictly non-commercial basis).

Moderator: drseti

drseti

Coming to California this month

Post by drseti »

To my Bay Area brethren: I'll be out there for a week, starting 18 September, and would be delighted to meet up with you. I plan to be at the Frazier Lake Airpark (1C9, Hollister CA) on Saturday, 21 Sept, should anyone care to fly in. Ring me up at 570-419-1229 to coordinate.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Scooper

Re: Coming to California this month

Post by Scooper »

Thanks for the heads up, Paul. I haven't been down Hollister way in a while and right now my calendar looks good. I'll pencil in Saturday, 9/21.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

The weather looks like it will be CAVU on Saturday, so I'll be flying down to Frazier Lake (1C9) to exercise the Zodiac and meet Paul.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
drseti

Post by drseti »

Scooper wrote:The weather looks like it will be CAVU on Saturday, so I'll be flying down to Frazier Lake (1C9) to exercise the Zodiac and meet Paul.
It'll be great to see you Saturday, Stan.
73 de N6TX
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
drseti

Post by drseti »

At 1C9 in Hollister CA, I just received a visit from Stan Cooper in his Zenith CH-601LXi. In case any of my other Bay Area forum friends cares to drop in, I'm here through Monday night, in Hangar B6.
Attachments
n601ke.jpg
n601ke.jpg (46.12 KiB) Viewed 25872 times
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

I really enjoyed the eyeball QSO, Paul. The flight down was a little over an hour with a nice tailwind, but the slog back home bucking a headwind took an hour and a half. It was a gorgeous day for flying!
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI