Hanger 12 Restaurant at 1B9

Fly-Ins are excuses for pilots to go somewhere and eat. Airplanes. Food. What else could you ask for? Know of an upcoming fly-in? A great $100 hamburger? Don't keep it a secret. Share it here!

Moderator: drseti

rcpilot

Hanger 12 Restaurant at 1B9

Post by rcpilot »

Flew from HWV to 1B9 yesterday to meet someone for lunch. Winds were a bit more than forecast and the ride was bumpy at times. It was a clear day and nice scenery. Food and service were good.
drseti

Re: Hanger 12 Restaurant at 1B9

Post by drseti »

Strangely, the current Chart Supplement lists six restaurants in the vicinity of Mansfield Muni, but not that one. Is it new? How are the prices?
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
rcpilot

Post by rcpilot »

drseti wrote:Strangely, the current Chart Supplement lists six restaurants in the vicinity of Mansfield Muni, but not that one. Is it new? How are the prices?
That's the impression I got from my friend when he wanted to meet there(that it's relatively new). I thought the prices were fair. here's a link:
https://www.hangar12mansfield.com/menu
chicagorandy

Post by chicagorandy »

Looking over the menu, I suspect that if my typical breakfast is the 'Runway"? I didn't fly there in an LSA - lol - but the pricing seems quite reasonable, at least by Chicagoland standards.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
David

Post by David »

I’m 1.6 hr from there sounds like a weekend flight soon - thanks for posing on the Restaurant info
David
EAA 1250 KPTW PA
RV12 EAB - Maiden flight 8/30/12
David's RV12 http://www.rv12pilot.com
rcpilot

Post by rcpilot »

chicagorandy wrote:Looking over the menu, I suspect that if my typical breakfast is the 'Runway"? I didn't fly there in an LSA - lol - but the pricing seems quite reasonable, at least by Chicagoland standards.
Actually I had the Runway when I was there(hey, I hadn't had breakfast and it was already lunch time). Couldn't finish it so my dogs made out as well. Of course I called my wife when I got there to let her know I made it. She asked "What's on the menu?" and I ended up bringing her back a chicken salad sandwich. I didn't even charge delivery. 8)
drseti

Post by drseti »

rcpilot wrote:I didn't even charge delivery. 8)
Remember, under the FARs, the most you could have charged her is half of your direct operating costs!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
chicagorandy

Post by chicagorandy »

"Actually I had the Runway when I was there(hey, I hadn't had breakfast and it was already lunch time."

LOL - I'm a person who spent decades creating a body 'built for traction, not for speed', the Runway actually sounded pretty good - lol.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

drseti wrote:
rcpilot wrote:I didn't even charge delivery. 8)
Remember, under the FARs, the most you could have charged her is half of your direct operating costs!

Aactually you can't charge anything, you can share expenses. Besides that's for a passenger. In this case he would have been carrying property for hire, and that is strictly against the regulations for a sport pilot. :wink: