CFI-S study books

Finally, a place for sport pilot instructors and/or wannabees to talk about instructing.

Moderator: drseti

Otto

CFI-S study books

Post by Otto »

Hi all I'm a glider CFI and airplane private pilot looking to add my CFI-Sport this year. Considering I (hopefully) know the basics any recommendations for study material?
drseti

Re: CFI-S study books

Post by drseti »

Gleim has a good CFI-S prep book. It doesn't have the glitz and glamour of the fancy video training packages, but the material is comprehensive, well thought out, and very affordable.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

Otto wrote:Hi all I'm a glider CFI and airplane private pilot looking to add my CFI-Sport this year. Considering I (hopefully) know the basics any recommendations for study material?
It is a pretty easy transition. No knowledge test required. Just a recommendation from one instructor, and a proficiency check with a different instrctor. If you are an active glider CFI it should be no problem.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

drseti wrote:Gleim has a good CFI-S prep book. It doesn't have the glitz and glamour of the fancy video training packages, but the material is comprehensive, well thought out, and very affordable.
I second any study material from Gleim. They are a local Florida company and when I lived in Gainesville I went there in person to buy my sport pilot study material. In my opinion they are a great company with a great staff and knowledge. Material is as straightforward as you can get.