Sling 2 build / Midwest Sky Sports

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

cam737

Re: Sling 2 build / Midwest Sky Sports

Post by cam737 »

Hey ShawnM! Nice Tubes reference...ah, memories from 1977. Thanks and thanks. Yes, KISM hangar. Look forward to lunch. "Talk To Ya Later".
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

Gorgeous!

Thanks for taking us along on the journey!
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

Sweet!
That’s a good lookin’ airplane.
Rotax 912 ULS is hard to beat.
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Whoa ... and the timing of it - no more gifts from Santa for you this year , this is plenty :D
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
Jim Hardin

Post by Jim Hardin »

Santa may want to borrow it for one night...
cam737

Post by cam737 »

Man. What a great group here! Thanks for all the compliments gents...(um, we don't even know if it will fly yet, but, it 'probly' will).

FastE...you are welcome...I have learned very much lurking and reading your posts...thanks! I really like YOUR airplane...alas...wife says "no tandem seating"...happy wife...happy life...I can be right, or, I can be happy...I choose happy every time.

WmI...ah, 912ULS...proven...all good...and good talking to you! I appreciate your advice and I learn so much from you...danka.

Warmi...also, Christmas just happens to be my birthday, so, a double score! (Mom said I was best X-mas present ever...she HAD to say that I think)

Jim...one detail...insurance company requires 300 TT (Santa is good there)...BUT...they require 25 hours in the Sling 2...sorry...he can't borrow...or I would. :)

One of the MANY reasons I love aviation and flying...be it GA, USAF, Airline, Lt Sport, Experimental, etc... pilots are (almost) all good people...in my experience 99+ percent good people. Thanks to all for being here! It is encouraging. I nominate WmI, FastE, and Warmi to set up the next/first SPT annual convention!

Merry Christmas!

Cam
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
chicagorandy

Post by chicagorandy »

Congrats on a terrific airplane that looks fantastic - wishing you many, many years of safe flying joy.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
drseti

Post by drseti »

Beautiful, Cam! When you feel inclined to fly it to Lock Haven, your next BFR is free.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

Gorgeous airplane, Cam. Love the panel!
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
RTK

Post by RTK »

Ditto on the congrats, Cam! Gorgeous bird you’ve got there! Can’t wait to hear of the adventures you’ll have with your Sling!

I saw a Sling 4 on the ramp at my airport this morning. Gorgeous craft, and I thought of your build, and then started thinking about how long it might take to build one. Then I thought about the unnecessarily slow, painful death I might endure if my wife found out that I spent $$$ on another plane. :wink: So we’ll just keep the dream between us, ummm-kay? :P
cam737

Post by cam737 »

Thanks guys!

RTK, rule 1 is 'happy wife, happy life' of course. However, you might try vacationing in Orange County CA, accidentally drive by Zamperini Field, stop in to see TAF USA, have Jean take your wife up for a quick flight over the Pacific coast...she'll INSIST that you get a Sling! No one gives a better intro flight than Jean! Too much fun! :D
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
RTK

Post by RTK »

cam737 wrote:Thanks guys!

RTK, rule 1 is 'happy wife, happy life' of course. However, you might try vacationing in Orange County CA, accidentally drive by Zamperini Field, stop in to see TAF USA, have Jean take your wife up for a quick flight over the Pacific coast...she'll INSIST that you get a Sling! No one gives a better intro flight than Jean! Too much fun! :D
LOL - we LIVE in Orange County! Actually, it was a visit up to TAF in Torrance a few years ago that inked me on getting a Sport Pilot’s certificate, and the dream of a Sling 2. As fate would have it, I trained in a Remos at a closer airport (LA traffic being what it is), and ended up purchasing a Sportcruiser. But I’ve always liked the Sling 2, and really like the Sling 4.

As for my wife... she’s not keen to fly with me, let alone someone else! I It’s been about 4 years of trying to convince her to fly, but I think I’m wearing her down. Before she would say, “No!” Now I have her saying “How many times... No!” See, I’m getting more words out of her! :P :wink:
Sling 2 Pilot

Post by Sling 2 Pilot »

cam737 wrote:Thanks guys!

I second that.. it happened to Cam, it happened to me! :D
RV-12builder

Post by RV-12builder »

Great looking plane, Cam! I can't believe how fast you built it!
RTK wrote:
cam737 wrote: LOL - we LIVE in Orange County!
Small world, RTK. I live in Irvine and learned to fly at FUL!
cam737

Post by cam737 »

There is a video of engine start on Midwest Sky Sports Facebook page. Here's to a Safe and Happy New Year to all!!!

https://www.facebook.com/MWSkySports/vi ... =2&theater
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa