Hoping to finish my training

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

DaniFly

Hoping to finish my training

Post by DaniFly »

Hi Sport Pilots,
I have been in and out of training for my PPL over the past 12 years or so. Last year I completed a bunch of hours and realized that I would be unable to receive my medical just before I was about to Solo due to a medication I was on. To get my third class medical I would have to be clear of that medication for 3 years and I'm only a year off of it.

So I really would like to at least get a Sport Pilot Certification so I can continue to fly.
Problems that I'm seeing is the closest LSA I can rent to complete my training in is an hour away. So realistically I don't know if that will work being my schedule if pretty overloaded with Job/Kids etc. So I am considering purchasing an LSA and hiring a closer local instructor to train me in that. Any input is highly valued.
Thanks,
Dani
SportPilot

Re: Hoping to finish my training

Post by SportPilot »

Last edited by SportPilot on Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaniFly

Re: Hoping to finish my training

Post by DaniFly »

I hear you, I figure the best way for me to do this would be having a partner own the plane with me because traveling 2 hrs (to and from the airport with an LSA) just to fly would seriously limit my air time.
I'm considering a Bushcat. Does anyone have any experienece here with that a/c?
Thanks,
Dani