Hello from Mexico

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

a betancourt

Hello from Mexico

Post by a betancourt »

My name is Alfredo Betancourt, I live in Mexico City and have always been interested in aviation, I have been a R/C modeler since I was a young kid, now I am thinking on starting the construction of a Sky Pup and I am also interested in buying and restoring a 1956 Cessna 172, I am also very interested in a Pipistrel Alpha Trainer.

Regards,

Alfredo
Merlinspop

Re: Hello from Mexico

Post by Merlinspop »

Welcome Alfredo!

Sounds like a fun project. Are you already a licensed pilot, or would you intend to train in the plane you build? You may want to check with any local instructors and see if they would train in one.

Does Mexico have an equivalent to the Sport Pilot license?

Cub Crafters and American Legend both sell kits that have received excellent reviews. Practically no fabrication required, so the work is primarily assembly with a lot of factory support.
- Bruce
HAPPYDAN

Post by HAPPYDAN »

Welcome! I don't know anything about kits or restoration, but I started a thread recently under Light Sport Aircraft regarding the Pipistrel Alpha Electro. I included a hyperlink to an AOPA article. I, too, am very interested in following the development of this aircraft and technology. Here in Western Washington, air, noise, ground and water pollution are constant issues. A viable electric aircraft would find many fans. Good Luck in your endeavors!
drseti

Post by drseti »

HAPPYDAN wrote:. A viable electric aircraft would find many fans.
Actually, Dan, a viable electric airplane requires only one fan. ;)
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
HAPPYDAN

Post by HAPPYDAN »

drseti wrote:
HAPPYDAN wrote:. A viable electric aircraft would find many fans.
Actually, Dan, a viable electric airplane requires only one fan. ;)
Touche!