hello from Illinois

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

cornfieldflyer

hello from Illinois

Post by cornfieldflyer »

Hello everyone, student SP here from the state of IL.

Tony
Mike B

Re: hello from Illinois

Post by Mike B »

Welcome...I'm new here too.

Mike
Thanks,
Mike
drseti

Post by drseti »

Good to have you aboard, Tony. Feel free to post lots of questions; you'll surely get a wide variety of answers here! :lol:
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
CBKERR

Post by CBKERR »

Welcome Tony. Tons of great help on these pages
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

What part of Illinois? I'm in the southeastern part. Tom BTW welcome to the group.
cornfieldflyer

Post by cornfieldflyer »

3Dreaming wrote:What part of Illinois? I'm in the southeastern part. Tom BTW welcome to the group.
Hello Tom, I am in the Springfield Area, are you around the Mount Vernon area?

Tony
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

Olney. I know a SP in your area that did his in an old T-Craft.
cornfieldflyer

Post by cornfieldflyer »

3Dreaming wrote:Olney. I know a SP in your area that did his in an old T-Craft.
The question I have is..Who was his SP CFI.....Did he have to do all 20 hrs in the T-Craft

Thanks for the reply, it's very much needed here in Central IL. Myself if I had a SP CFI I would start a school just for the type of fliers I am speaking of, the man with the EAB single seater that would otherwise be labeled a Fat UL. But today is registered EAB.

Maybe make it a Club thing and the CFI is paid through the Club not by how many hrs he/she teaches. Something like this. make the members the owners of this club, everyone has some imput and they control who runs things.

I dream.......come dream with me...lol

Tony
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

I think he used a regular CFI, because this happened early on. He might of been the first sport pilot in Illinois. I don't know if all of his training was in the T-Craft or not. He may of had some previous training before.
cornfieldflyer wrote:
The question I have is..Who was his SP CFI.....Did he have to do all 20 hrs in the T-Craft

Thanks for the reply, it's very much needed here in Central IL. Myself if I had a SP CFI I would start a school just for the type of fliers I am speaking of, the man with the EAB single seater that would otherwise be labeled a Fat UL. But today is registered EAB.

Maybe make it a Club thing and the CFI is paid through the Club not by how many hrs he/she teaches. Something like this. make the members the owners of this club, everyone has some imput and they control who runs things.

I dream.......come dream with me...lol

Tony
cornfieldflyer

Post by cornfieldflyer »

3Dreaming wrote:I think he used a regular CFI, because this happened early on. He might of been the first sport pilot in Illinois. I don't know if all of his training was in the T-Craft or not. He may of had some previous training before.
cornfieldflyer wrote:
Are you speaking of Marty?
cornfieldflyer

Post by cornfieldflyer »

If you are speaking of Matry the place he hangars or use to hangar, not sure if he is still there, but those are some of the nicest people I have met.
John invites me to fly over all the time, but its about 7 miles away and I do not go that far from home. I have flown there before, but just not comfortable doing it.
Tony
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

I think Marty is at Capital now, but yes that is who I was speaking of.
cornfieldflyer

Post by cornfieldflyer »

3Dreaming wrote:I think Marty is at Capital now, but yes that is who I was speaking of.

Marty and those men and women over at John's place are some of the best, like most of you folks in aviation. One thing I noticed from being in aviation only a short time and being 50 something. You folks in aviation are a different bread. Others need to look at this group, It amazes me how nice and just out right friendly aviation people are.

Now don't get me wrong you also have a lot of headstrong folks, but I believe you have that right to be a little headstrong, IMO anyway.

Marty takes great care in his birds and I love those Mice things he made to keep mice out. Someday I will make me some of these. But like I tell my wife, everything I do takes a lot of time...I am very slow....lol

Tony