Hello from Kentucky

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

rgb30b

Hello from Kentucky

Post by rgb30b »

Greetings,
When I was 19 yr old I worked with a couple of older guys (40 at the time, Im now 62!) ... both had planes, a Cherokee Six and 172. Over the course of 3 years I rode many times with both of the guys. They'd let me fly quite a bit, and I definitely got the bug. But I left my machinist job I had, my buddies and their planes, and headed for the Gulf as a welder and that was it! If I recall I could've got my PPL for $750 ... well those days are long gone. So now I'm looking to get a Sport Pilot license, and would like to buy an LSA, maybe a SportCruiser, Harmony or similar. However, I don't see a lot of training facilities that use LSA as their trainers? I don't particularly want to train in something I'll never be licensed to fly. Is anyone aware of LSA trainers relatively close to Scottsville Kentucky, or schools that have an accelerated program where I could stay for the duration of the process? Any advice or info is greatly appreciated.