Hello from NC!

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Dangeruss

Hello from NC!

Post by Dangeruss »

Hey everyone, After a lifetime of dreaming of getting my ppl, I have finally decided (with my wife's permission) to start Flight training for my SPL with B-Bar -d aviation in Sanford NC, flying Allegros. Though I have some time in a C152, and about 4000hrs on Xplane & MSFS, My first flight with them will be on Wednesday, Sept. 5th.

Please let me know if anyone trained with them, and how you liked them, or had a favorite instructor.

Thanks,
-Russ
when do we eat?
FrankR

Post by FrankR »

I finished with them this year. I like them very much. I like the Allegro.

I trained with Jim. He's a wise, cautious flyer; with a child-like excitement towards flight. I would recommend him to anyone.

I took around 50 hours (from 0).

PM me and we'll have coffee or fly sometime.
Frank
Fayetteville, NC
Dangeruss

Post by Dangeruss »

Thanks for the info Frank. I've heard good things about Jim at B-Bar-D. I would absolutely love to go for a flight sometime, or meet up for coffee. I live over in Clayton, and I'm going to try to get over to Sanford for a flight or two per week.
when do we eat?
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

If you ever need a cross country destination, either dual or solo or both, consider Copperhill, TN (1A3).

We could compare notes and do lunch at El Rio.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
Dangeruss

long x-country

Post by Dangeruss »

Thanks Eddie, will do. Are you from TN? your signature says Mineral Bluff GA.
when do we eat?
znurtdog

Re: Hello from NC!

Post by znurtdog »

Another great NC destination is KILM at Wilmington, NC. Stunning coastal flying, Wrightsville Beach 5 miles one direction, downtown historic Wilmington 5 miles in the other. Let me know and I'll show you around. Enjoy your training.
FastEddieB

Re: long x-country

Post by FastEddieB »

Dangeruss wrote:Thanks Eddie, will do. Are you from TN? your signature says Mineral Bluff GA.
We live pretty much where GA, NC & TN all come together.

Though we live in N GA, the nearest airport is Copperhill, TN, only about 3 or 4 miles from my house.

In fact Copperhill, TN and McCaysville, GA are really one little town. The state line is a blue dashed line running right through the middle of town, and is quite the photo op when the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway comes into town!
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]