Intro from Scottsdale, AZ

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

AZ SportCruiser

Intro from Scottsdale, AZ

Post by AZ SportCruiser »

I'm a retired Air Force pilot (RF-4C, F-111D/E and T-37) and after not flying for 10 years, found myself the proud owner of a SportCruiser. Figured I've flown enough at night and in bad weather and now was the time to really enjoy day VFR flying! Recently relocated to Scottsdale and enjoying the flying environment here. Dave
Dave F
deltafox

Post by deltafox »

Welcome to the forum. I bought a PiperSport in 2010 after making a similar decision about weather flying (former Navy P3C and T34C). However I did install the night kit (LOA) to fly on nice summer evenings. I'm contemplating a trip to AZ in the fall, hopefully we can meet and compare notes.
Dave
drseti

Post by drseti »

Welcome aboard, Dave F. Glad to have you on the forums. Given your background, I would urge you to take a rigorous LSA transition course (see http://avsport.org/about/downsize.htm for a sample curriculum). These little planes are a different world from what you're accustomed to flying.

Curious about your RF-4C days. Where and when? (I'm a former Wild Weasel -- electronicker, not nose gunner.) In any case, thanks for your service.

Safe skies,
Paul
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
AZ SportCruiser

RF days ...

Paul
I was a back seater in RFs at shaw and then Kadena ... then got into pilot training and into the F-111. Anyway have about 90 hours in the SC and enjoying it ... the 'speed' is about the only thing I miss :)

Dave
Dave F
drseti

Post by drseti »

Nice to meet a fellow GIB, Dave. :D My home base was Osan, during the Pueblo fiasco.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
AZ SportCruiser

We had a detachment at Osan where we spent 2 week rotations ... and typhoon evacs. Many hours low level up and down the valley of Taegu ... great memories
Dave F
designrs

Post by designrs »

Welcome to the board AZ / Dave F.
I've been flying the PiperSport / SportCruiser for about a year and a half now
(3 planes on the line at the flight school where I fly.) Great aircraft!

Guess it's a little slow compared to the F4 though.
I'm in awe of all you guys!!

:)
- Richard
Sport Pilot / Ground Instructor
Previous Owner: 2011 SportCruiser