Hello

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Wortman

Hello

Post by Wortman »

After not flying for 7-8 years I'm starting over. Learned in a Challenger, but did not get to the level of detail on regs that getting the sport pilot ticket will. Great instructor of flying skills though. Bought an Aeronca 7AC and figured I'd learn "old fashioned" tail dragger flying. Hope to learn a lot from all the more experienced sport pilots here. Thanks in advance for sharing!

KW
gmohr

Post by gmohr »

Workman,

Welcome fellow Georgian! I am in the Augusta , GA area. I own/fly an EAB Lightning (http://lightningaircraftwest.com) hangared at KHQU. Let everyone know how your training is going.
Gene Mohr
Sport Pilot Upgrading to Private
180hrs and counting
jnmeade

Post by jnmeade »

I'm jealous of your airplane. Enjoy it and keep us posted on how you're doing.
Wortman

Post by Wortman »

Thanks. The Champ is a great plane. Fun and very easy to fly. Now if I can master keeping the windmill in front on landing I'll have it made...
KW
Keith Wortman
[email protected]
drseti

Re: Hello

Post by drseti »

Wortman wrote:Bought an Aeronca 7AC and figured I'd learn "old fashioned" tail dragger flying.
Good for you, KW! That's what I started in, over a half century ago (OK, I'll admit I'm the resident old fart on this forum!) Still one of my favorite planes, although now I mostly instruct in Ercoupes and SportStars.

Good luck with your training, and welcome aboard.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US