Not a Hello, but an I'm still alive message!

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

foresterpoole

Not a Hello, but an I'm still alive message!

Postby foresterpoole » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:13 pm

Well, as most of you noticed I disappeared for a time. News flash: I'm still alive! I've got a much better paying job (same company) and a 5 year old running around devouring all my time! Brief update on my flying, I've been flying an Arrow around for a while and trying to knock out my instrument rating, I pretty much neglected the Light Sport aircraft for a good year. Unfortunately, the FBO lost it's only CFII to the airlines so I'm back to VFR until they can find another guy (who knows when, it took them 6 months to find the previous guy). While my budget for flying has increased, so has my job responsibilities and who knew 1st grade had so much homework I have to help my son with??? So, I'm flying much less than I'd like. In order to maximize my fun, and be able to stuff a little cash into the piggy bank for a plane I hope to one day own, I hopped back into the Tecnam at the FBO with an instructor for a refresher and I'm loving the little plane, just like I always have. Also the 95/hour wet is crazy cheaper than the 200/hour wet i was used to paying!!! :D Hope everyone is doing well, I'll be back to checking in regularly hopefully.
Ed

TimTaylor

Re: Not a Hello, but an I'm still alive message!

Postby TimTaylor » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:25 pm

Alive is good. My flying budget keeps shrinking while the FBO keeps raising prices. I'm down to about 2 hours per month. Flying up to KGMB Monday for a $300 burger.
Commercial Pilot Airplane Single & Multiengine Land; Instrument Airplane
Sport Endorsement Airplane Single Engine Sea
Flight Instructor Airplane Single & Multiengine
Ground Instructor Advanced Instrument
BS Engineering NC State
MBA Wisconsin

drseti

Postby drseti » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:52 pm

Nice to hear from you. Ed. Enjoy as much time as you can get to spend with your son - they grow up damned fast, and there will be plenty of time for flying when he's off to college. :)
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
fly@AvSport.org
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US

TimTaylor

Postby TimTaylor » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:40 pm

TimTaylor wrote:Alive is good. My flying budget keeps shrinking while the FBO keeps raising prices. I'm down to about 2 hours per month. Flying up to KGMB Monday for a $300 burger.

KGMU actually.
BS Engineering NC State
MBA Wisconsin

Warmi

Postby Warmi » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:31 pm

TimTaylor wrote:Alive is good. My flying budget keeps shrinking while the FBO keeps raising prices. I'm down to about 2 hours per month. Flying up to KGMB Monday for a $300 burger.

So what’s the rate on their Remos now ?
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois

TimTaylor

Postby TimTaylor » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:07 pm

Warmi wrote:

So what’s the rate on their Remos now ?

The Remos is $110 per hour, no tax since I live in Georgia and it is in NC. The SkyCatcher is $140 per hour plus 7 percent tax plus $29 per month club dues and minimum balance of $250 in pre-paid account.
BS Engineering NC State
MBA Wisconsin

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”