Gonna learn to fly again!!! I have questions though

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

N918KT

Post by N918KT »

I see what you mean designrs. You are maybe right about non-verbal communication being faster. I mostly will not mind if the CFI points to gauges, but definitely no poking me!
zaitcev

Post by zaitcev »

One lady CFI at The Purple Board said that she had to hit a student who froze with a clipboard, because she could not overpower him. My Private CFI did not need to touch me. We had a headset failure in flight once but I noticed it right away.
Flyboyz

Post by Flyboyz »

Kevin,
How would you rate your overall experience of flight training with your school?

FB...
N918KT

Post by N918KT »

FB, I was only there at Royal Karina for 2 lessons and that's about it. I was thinking of switching to a flight school closer to my home but the flight school that's gonna be starting a SP program soon closer to my home is very expensive. I'm still deciding about whether to stay or go to a closer flight school since Trenton is at least an hour and 15 min drive from my home.

However, even though I been at Royal Karina for only 2 lessons in March only, I have some good things to say about my CFI. He's a good teacher. You get a ground school lesson I think before the flight lesson usually and at the end of the lesson, he always ask me if I had any questions about the lesson and what tells me what are we are gonna do for the next lesson. Bottom line, you really get "the flight training experience" and see what it takes to become a pilot. I felt that I got a good value for a lower price and rates. In other words one of the best "bang for my buck".

Again, I'm deciding whether to switch to a more local school in North Jersey or staying with Royal Karina.
Flyboyz

Post by Flyboyz »

Thanks for sharing Kevin! hope you find the school closer to home works for you......

FB..
ka7eej

Post by ka7eej »

Kevin,

Maybe you are just so irresistible that he can't help himself. Think of it as a compliment... JK LOL..

If you are going to get a Sport Pilot certificate, my opinion is that you should not spend any money flying anything but a Light Sport Airplane, especially the Light Sport Plane THAT YOU ARE GOING TO RENT OR BUY...

Brian
Owner of N3081X (Cover Girl) A Beautiful Allegro 2000 as seen on the cover and inside of several magazines!!
bshort

Post by bshort »

I'll 2nd that. Pick a plane to start and finish in. You will be money better off in the end. Just a transition over to a different plane, and to be pts ready, would be about 15 hrs. That's about $1500 you could save.