Esqual wingtip lenses

Are you building/buying/flying an Experimental Amateur-Built (E-AB) or Experimental Light Sport (E-LSA) aircraft? Converting an S-LSA to E-LSA? Changing or adding equipment, or otherwise modifying an S-LSA? Need help with Letters of Authorization? Or maybe designing your own aircraft? This forum is the place to discuss All Things Experimental.

Moderator: drseti

flyrgreen

Esqual wingtip lenses

Post by flyrgreen »

I have a 2004 Esqual whose wingtip lenses have fogged over badly (UV). Nick at Arion Lightning has none. After hearing mostly "No" from plexi-forming companies, and a few "Sure, we'll make the 2 molds for $1,000 and $100 each for the lenses", I found a company making the molds and lenses for reasonable money. I'm looking for other Esqual owners who must be in the same pickle. I will have the molds and am trying to round up as many owners as possible to chip in to the mold construction and get their lenses made. They will charge $75 each for the lenses; cost of mold "rental" will depend on how many people we can round up to chip in to the $250 original cost. Text me @ 805 704 7401. Russel Green