Question to Sting S4 owners

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

Simbol

Question to Sting S4 owners

Post by Simbol »

Hello everyone,

My name is Raul, I develop flight simulator products. I am currently working on a project involving the Sting S4, the newer model has a propeller pitch lever + 2 switches on the central console: 1) Prop Auto / Manual, 2)a switch with low pitch / high pitch.

Although I understand what the propeller lever does, I am unable to find anything on the POH online about what the propeller Auto / Manual does.. + the second switch..

do anyone here that owns the airplane knows? and if you do, could you give me some information about this feature? manuals would be great since I am codding what the behaviour of the aircraft should be in relation to these switches.

Best,
Raul M.
CEO Flight Sim Technologies
Warmi

Re: Question to Sting S4 owners

Post by Warmi »

Hi,

Pretty much all Stings in US are sold as LSAs which means none of them are sold with constant pitch props so I doubt you gonna get a lot of responses here ( unless we have some European Sting owners on this forum)

Having said that, I believe what you are asking for is (briefly) outlined in their PowerMax Prop Manual ( page 9 - Automatic vs Manual prop mode)
https://www.tl-ultralight.cz/file/edee/ ... _en_v5.pdf

If you happen to install one of AirMaster props ( which I believe is an option as well ) , it offers the same type of automatic/manual control option.
https://www.propellor.com/Content/Image ... l%20V4.pdf
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
Simbol

Post by Simbol »

Thanks for your response.. I will check these links..

Regards,
R.
Simbol

Post by Simbol »

what I can't work out is what the INC/DEC switches would do if you are already on Auto.. surely if you set it to Auto.. the PL-T unit will change the propeller pitch for you in order to keep a desired RPM all the time (unknown what RPMs. I am assuming 5500RPM as max power by Rotax).. so the propeller pitch is already changing in order to keep the RPMs constant.

The INC/DEC switches have a logo of pitch angles, in hence my confusion.. unless... you click "Auto Prop" and use the inc/decrease to adjust the desired RPMs.. which instruct the system at what RPMs you want to run.. instructing your PL-TL to adjust pitch to stay at such setting?

R.