Czech Sport Aircraft Launches The PS-38 Tourer

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

deltafox

Czech Sport Aircraft Launches The PS-38 Tourer

Post by deltafox »

Reference: http://www.czechsportaircraft.com/novin ... -38-tourer

The PS-38 Tourer is a single engine, all-metal, high-wing monoplane of semi-monocoque structure with two side-by-side seats. Czech Sport Aircraft expects the aircraft to satisfy demand for a new-generation, cost-effective, multi-application high-wing solution for cross-country flying, air tourism and law enforcement operations.

Visitors to Aero Friedrichshafen 2014 can see the PS-38 Tourer on the Czech Sport Aircraft exhibition stand (Hall A4 – Stand no. 111) alongside the PS-28 Cruiser. The PS-38 Tourer on display offers commonality with the PS-28 Cruiser/SportCruiser and is equipped with modern on-board equipment including dual-screen Dynon 10” SkyView, Garmin 796 GPS and Garmin GNC 255a NAV/COM. In addition, the aircraft is installed with the Rotax 912 ULS2 and Sensenich fixed 3-blade propeller.
Dave
drseti

Re: Czech Sport Aircraft Launches The PS-38 Tourer

Post by drseti »

This is a puzzling design. From the photo in their press release, it appears this new aircraft has a front-hinged, swing-up canopy rather than doors. Thus, they seem to have foregone easy access, one of the chief advantages of a high wing configuration. :?:

The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

My first three thoughts after reading the release and looking at the picture:

1) <yawn>
2) Imagine getting out of THAT when upside down
3) Bet it won't keep rain out when parked
- Bruce
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

Note the spacial relationship between the top of the headrest and the spar carry through. My #2 reaction above might be moot...
- Bruce
c162pilot

Post by c162pilot »

Perhaps this is the rebirth of the original Czech Sport Aircraft 'Parrot" there appears to be a close family resemblance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZAW_Parrot

http://www.bydanjohnson.com/search.cfm?M_ID=501

MrMorden

Post by MrMorden »

I actually think it's a pretty sexy looking airplane, though I don't really understand the hinged canopy on a high wing. Sporty, but not very functional....so non-functional in fact, that apparently the Parrot needs a long fixed step ladder attached to the fuselage to assist entry. ;)

I don't think the spar carry-through is an issue, it's behind the occupants' heads. The CTSW/CTLS has a much worse spar location, right in FRONT of the occupants' heads. In fact, this is one of the few serious gripes I have with my CTSW; you don't notice it much when flying, but I'm sure you would notice it right quick in a quick deceleration crash.
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA
deltafox

Post by deltafox »

I'll be very interested in seeing the numbers. However I do think its a good looking airplane.
Dave
Jim Stewart

Post by Jim Stewart »

The hinged canopy defeats the emergency egress advantage of a high-wing airplane. Stupid IMHO
PP-ASEL, Flight Design CTSW owner.
Dangeruss

Post by Dangeruss »

Is that a forward swept wing?
when do we eat?
AlanR

Post by AlanR »

Having talked to the guys on the stand at Fredrichshafen this week the plane is just in 'concept' stage to gauge public reaction and is the one surviving 'Parrot' of some years ago.