Remos G3-600

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

srhalter58

Remos G3-600

Post by srhalter58 »

I Just picked up my new (used) Remos G3 from Arkansas. This is a great little plane. Nice handling, great performance and wonderful to land. It has such a nice sight line when you are making the flare, pull it back a little and it settles onto the runway...I cant wait to take the doors off once I get a few hours under my belt. We made a 5 hour trip that would have taken 12 hours by car and used about as much gas and Remos provides real people customer support. [/img]
Jon V

Post by Jon V »

The view with the doors off is awesome. Totally worth doing. Just make sure you have everything secured (at about 500' AGL I suddenly started thinking "is my wallet really secure in my pocket?" :)) and do it!

Congrats on the purchase.
goinaround

Post by goinaround »

:D Doors off in the Remos is absolutely the most fun you can have with your clothes on. :lol:
I'm flying FDCT's at the present and like them but I am a huge fan of the remos. Congradulations and enjoy.
bitten192

Post by bitten192 »

Congrats on your G3. Any idea what the doors off airspeed limit is? The GX has a doors off speed limit but there is none listed in the G3 POH.

Ernie
drseti

Post by drseti »

bitten192 wrote:there is none listed in the G3 POH.
That's because the G3 doesn't have a POH, Ernie. Try looking in the AOI. :lol:
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
srhalter58

Post by srhalter58 »

From what I have read and talking to the Remos guys, you need to keep it under 100 IAS.
srhalter58

Post by srhalter58 »

I actually do have an electronic copy of the G3 POH, Says USA. I didnt really get a hard copy POH with the planes documents. If anyone wants a copy I would be happy to email it.
bitten192

Post by bitten192 »

drseti wrote:
bitten192

Post by bitten192 »

drseti wrote:
Here's what my REMOS POH looks like...

http://www.copperstatesportaviation.com ... 00_POH.pdf

Ernie
drseti

Post by drseti »

That's amazing, Ernie -- they really do call it a POH. I'm surprised, since that term usually refers to approved flight manuals for certified aircraft. As you'll recall from Carol's class, the ASTM equivalent is supposed to be called AOI.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US