Remos Thoughts

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

ArionAv8or

Re: I Never!

Post by ArionAv8or »

bryancobb wrote:
LightSportFlyer wrote: if you want a fight you found the right guy - "doctor".
Never saw THAT MUCH contempt on a leisure activity forum before.
I would hate to see just how unhappy the rest of his life is.
LightSportFlyer

Re: I Never!

Post by LightSportFlyer »

ArionAv8or wrote:
bryancobb wrote:
LightSportFlyer wrote: if you want a fight you found the right guy - "doctor".
Never saw THAT MUCH contempt on a leisure activity forum before.
I would hate to see just how unhappy the rest of his life is.
**** DELETED BY ADMINISTRATOR ******
Last edited by LightSportFlyer on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LightSportFlyer

Post by LightSportFlyer »

CharlieTango wrote:there is no scolding nor a suggestion that your are not free to post in paul's post.

read it again
I guess you need it spelling out for you. This post started out by Archie asking for feedback on Remos and FDCT LSAs when he wrote:

"The LSA that looks most interesting to me right now after not a whole lot of research is the Remos. I'm curious what others think.

It seems to be well designed and have good overall performance. I'm particularly curious why the Flight Design CT planes are so much more popular than the Remos planes, when the Remos seems equally good if not better.

What do other people think? "

My comment specifically addressed the OPs post by agreeing with those that "goinaround" posted about his experiences with the CT. It was drseti who went off topic and took it personal. If you're unhappy with how this thread has degraded look no furthur than him and now ArionAv8or with their personal attacks.

If you want to continue to ruin his thread keep it up, otherwise get back on topic.
Last edited by LightSportFlyer on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bryancobb

Cartoon Character

Post by bryancobb »

I sure HOPE this is joking between friends who know each other!
Bryan Cobb
Sport Pilot CFI
Commercial/Instrument Airplane
Commercial Rotorcraft Helicopter
Manufacturing Engineer II, Meggitt Airframe Systems, Fuel Systems & Composites Group
Cartersville, Ga
[email protected]
ArionAv8or

Re: Cartoon Character

Post by ArionAv8or »

bryancobb wrote:I sure HOPE this is joking between friends who know each other!
NOPE, friends wouldn't talk to each that way.
Hambone

Post by Hambone »

Sad... the forum community here certainly ain't what I thought it was. Just goes to show how first impressions can be wrong, and how just a few can ruin it for everyone else.

For some reason, personal attacks, nasty threats, and defensive behavior never seem to happen over at the VW Campervan forum. Differences of opinion are met with maturity, reasonable behavior, and humor!
KSCessnaDriver

Post by KSCessnaDriver »

Hambone wrote:Sad... the forum community here certainly ain't what I thought it was. Just goes to show how first impressions can be wrong, and how just a few can ruin it for everyone else.

For some reason, personal attacks, nasty threats, and defensive behavior never seem to happen over at the VW Campervan forum. Differences of opinion are met with maturity, reasonable behavior, and humor!
Personally, I feel its a lack of moderation on the forum. A good moderator would have killed this issue a long time ago, but alas, we have none it appears.
KSCessnaDriver (ATP MEL, Commerical LTA-Airship/SEL, Private SES, CFI/CFII)
LSA's flown: Remos G3, Flight Design CTSW, Aeronca L-16, Jabiru J170
goinaround

Post by goinaround »

rfane wrote:
goinaround wrote:
drseti wrote:nice plane, flies well, but I'm a bit uncomfortable with the fuel tank being in the fuselage.
Where is the fuel tank in your automobile? I think if the fuel cell breaches the cabin it doesn't matter anyway.
What was the last thing to go thru the airline pilots mind when he crashed?
the drink cart :oops:
The fuel tank is attached to a carbon fibre fuselage section. Carbon fibre has a tendency to shatter when enough force is put on it. Touch down with enough forward momentum, and stop it suddenly, and that fuel tank that weighs up to 140 lbs. when full, could seperate from the cabin wall
What exactly is my seat belt and seat attached to? For the record I am not a ct hater as a matter of fact I'm prepping for my checkride in a ctsw now. Having said that this was a simple question about remos and the ct people came out of the woodwork to put down the remos. Maybe should have let it be. I have more hours in the flight designs, ctls and sw than the remos but I prefer the Remos.
But lets not be ugly to one another.
drseti

Post by drseti »

LightSportFlyer wrote:someone like you who endlessly self promotes himself and his suppposed academic credentials <snip> - "doctor".
OK, I've held my tongue long enough, but I will not countenance personal attacks, against me or anyone else. My "supposed" academic credentials are summarized briefly at http://avsport.org/cfi/chiefcfi.htm, and in far greater detail elsewhere on the web. Google me and you'll get thousands of references.

I am here as much to learn as I am to teach. Anyone who doesn't like my teaching style is welcome to go elsewhere for flight training. Anyone who doesn't like my posts is free to simply skip them -- but not to disparage me, or anyone else on this forum (any more than I am free to disparage others).
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
zaitcev

Post by zaitcev »

Hambone wrote:Sad... the forum community here certainly ain't what I thought it was. Just goes to show how first impressions can be wrong, and how just a few can ruin it for everyone else.
It's just LightSportFlier being nasty as usual. Note though, he edited his post and removed threats of physical violence. He knows that he's way over the line, just cannot admit it, which would be the first step on the way to cure. Pay him no mind and he'll go away.
SportCubJim

Choices

Post by SportCubJim »

Isn't great we have a variety of quality LSA aircraft to pick from.
Jim
theoarno

Re: Choices

Post by theoarno »

SportCubJim wrote:Isn't great we have a variety of quality LSA aircraft to pick from.
Yes, Yes it is.
I for one think all of the aforementioned AC pale in comparison to my choice and I am amazed how you guys can make those choices but I suppose none of you are quite the genius that I am.
All of my time except a few hours has been in a C-152 and I can tell you all sorts of thinks I don't like about it and only 3 things I do like about it.
Don't like,,,,,Cramped, goes through oil like its still made in america, responds very slowly to inputs in slow flight.
Do like,,,,,,Seems to keep flying despite using a quart of oil every 10 to 15 hours, lethargic handling keeps me out of trouble, and I GET TO FLY IT.
IF I had what I really want I would have a CH-750 built to type 2 standards of 1450 lbs gross weight but certified as a LSA at 1320 lbs. And I suppose I would give the ULPower 350is a go even though it isn't made in America.
You guys are just silly with those plasticy looking urpeein things.
Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

"You guys are just silly with those plasticy looking urpeein things."

They aren't all plastic, nor are they all Euro-built. My choice is American made, is a metal low-wing, and - on a number per year sold in the U.S. basis - the most popular, by far.

Jack
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
ArionAv8or

Post by ArionAv8or »

"You guys are just silly with those plasticy looking urpeein things."

Your post makes me smile, thank you for having a sense of humor in a difficult thread. I especially love the you being more genius than the rest of us part, that tickled me greatly. Thank you sir for the injection of humor.

BTW - My AC is not plastic either, not urpeein (as you say) and was made in the good ole U S of A.

What type of plane do you own?
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

Jack Tyler wrote:"You guys are just silly with those plasticy looking urpeein things."

They aren't all plastic, nor are they all Euro-built. My choice is American made, is a metal low-wing, and - on a number per year sold in the U.S. basis - the most popular, by far.

Jack
Jack, I think the RV's are a good design, but the number of kits sold does not really mean that much. Other that people have dreams of flying an airplane they built. If you look at the first RV offered as a kit (I chose it because it has been around the longest), the completion rate is under 20%. The completion rate for the RV-12 will be even lower until it has been around for a while. There have been other kits sold with much lower completion rates like the BD5 at about 2.5%.