Exhaust leak

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

Wm.Ince

Re: Exhaust leak

Post by Wm.Ince »

ShawnM wrote:And the wire tie is on backwards. :mrgreen:
Nice catch! :mrgreen:
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
ShawnM

Re: Exhaust leak

Post by ShawnM »

Wm.Ince wrote:
3Dreaming wrote:I hope you remove and clean the tank periodically. The quick drains are typically slightly higher than the bottom of the tank, and in my opinion they don't allow for the large rush of fluid to help carry any debris out of the tank.
Totally concur, Tom.
That was a major reason I switched back to the screw-in plug. I feel it removes more lead debris than the quick drain, due to a less restricted exit path. Besides that, it drains faster and is actually a breeze to remove and re-install with my torque wrench.
I change my oil at each annual condition inspection and remove the tank for cleaning every other year. I dont run 100LL at all, ever!! I usually find nothing in the bottom of the oil tank.