Himax

Finally, a place for sport pilot instructors and/or wannabees to talk about instructing.

Moderator: drseti

Firsttimefly9999

Re: Himax

Post by Firsttimefly9999 »

Thank you experience is what I’m looking for.i did not think about not being able to learn in a single seat plane.but for the price I got on the plane I could not have found a way to get my hands on a plane for less.i can always sell it.eavin if I loos money the experience is worth it to me?no I’m not going to clime in and try to fly I honestly what to learn how to be a good safe pilot in a safe plane.
bryancobb

Re: Himax

Post by bryancobb »

First Time,

I admire your enthusiasm! Don't let that go away.

We had a gang of ultralight guys that hung out at the airport in the 1990's. There was a purple and white Mini-Max in the group.
The Mini-Max is the shoulder-wing father of the Hi-Max.

That thing flew great. It had a Rotax 447 and that was plenty of power. It must have been owned by half the guys at one time
or the other and each owner put about 100 hours on it. I know two owners who taught themselves to fly in it although I don't
advocate that.

I don't know where it is now but I've asked about it and they just say it's still flying. I'd bet it's probably just worn out.
Bryan Cobb
Sport Pilot CFI
Commercial/Instrument Airplane
Commercial Rotorcraft Helicopter
Manufacturing Engineer II, Meggitt Airframe Systems, Fuel Systems & Composites Group
Cartersville, Ga
[email protected]