Sling 2 build / Midwest Sky Sports

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

TimTaylor

Re: Sling 2 build / Midwest Sky Sports

Post by TimTaylor »

cam737 wrote:*CENSORED*

PLEASE KEEP POLITICS OFF OF THE FORUM!

THANK YOU,

ADMIN
I guess we should heed this.
Retired from flying.
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

cam737 wrote:PLEASE KEEP POLITICS OFF OF THE FORUM!
x2
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

drseti wrote:Tom, I did not censor the post! Perhaps the site owner did.
Then I owe you an apology. I saw your post and knew you have ADMIN rights, and made the assumption.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

cam737 wrote:PLEASE KEEP POLITICS OFF OF THE FORUM!
x3
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

We are all guests here at the pleasure of the site owner and administrators, and should respect their directive to avoid political discussions. We all have our opinions about politics, and some are strongly held, but when I am tempted to express my views on controversial subjects here I bite my tongue.

There are plenty of other venues to talk politics. My $.02.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

Dupe. How did that happen?
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Oh it can happen easily.
You can click on the submit button and the JavaScript code behind it get stuck and doesn’t provide you with instant feedback for the action while actually still submitting the backend server request - so you click again which then gets buffered and executed again.

The code is not resilient enough - the http protocol is not transactional in the first place and the backend code should be using heuristics instead , like posts with identical checksums submitted within X sceconds for the same session should be identified and rejected etc ...

Anyway, the bottom line is that is not necessarily your fault ... it can be computer/network/programmer combo ...
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

Warmi wrote:Anyway, the bottom line is that is not necessarily your fault ... it can be computer/network/programmer combo ...
Ahh.. Thanks. It happened to me a couple of days ago in another thread.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

CoalDust wrote:I am with you cam737, I have finally managed to purchase my dream airplane and am also waiting on my registration. I still support the shut down no matter how long it takes!

Well, what did you get ?
drseti

Post by drseti »

cam737 wrote: P.S....dear Moderator...who are you?
This is a non-political response to a reasonable question.

I am a volunteer moderator on SportPilotTalk. I started out here like most of you, a pilot who found this group and started participating. Perhaps too much, because (as an educator) I have s lot to say, and took advantage of the opportunity to expand my reach. Soon, I had written more posts than anybody else on the forums. Eventually, the site owner asked me to moderate, and I accepted. (And by now, I think I've written more posts than everybody else on the forums, combined.)

SportPilotTalk is a business. It is not my business. I have no commercial affiliation with this site or its owner. I am not paid in any way, other than in satisfaction which I derive from seeing the LSA and Sport Pilot movement grow and thrive. I steer the conversation, try to educate, prod people gently, push participants to get threads back on topic, occasionally make off-topic posts myself, am glad when other members push me back onto runway centerline, sometimes have to lock a thread to put a stop to pointless arguments - but I do not censor, nor do I delete posts!.

The person who deleted the posts up-thread signed his message ADMIN, not "moderator." So, instead of asking "dear moderator... who are you?" you should have asked the same of "dear ADMIN." But since you didn't ask, and he didnt say, I'll tell you.

The owner of this site is a pilot named Gerald. He pays the bills, collects some ad revenue, and relies on me (a volunteer, not an employee) to keep things running smoothly. Usually, it works. Occasionally, it doesn't. If things go off the rails, he may have to step in and intervene. That is his right. He may occasionally delete a post. That is his right. He may sometimes kick someone off the forum. That is his right. He may even suspend my moderator privileges. That is his right. But I do not censor. I just play in Gerald's playground. Like the rest of you.

That's who I, your volunteer moderator, am. If you want to know who Gerald is, just ask him. His email address is [email protected]. Now, can we please get back to discussing the OP's Sling 2 build?
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
JJay

Post by JJay »

Thanks Dr. Shuch. It IS a beautiful airplane!

Post by TimTaylor »

cam737 wrote:*CENSORED*

PLEASE KEEP POLITICS OFF OF THE FORUM!

THANK YOU,

ADMIN
Retired from flying.
kaputt16

Post by kaputt16 »

Gorgeous aircraft. The Slings are truly great airplanes, and I think are some of the best airplanes on the market right now, across multiple classes. I hope they are able to get a better following across this country.
cam737

Post by cam737 »

Update. FAA DAR inspected and issued airworthiness certificate on Wednesday! First flight now has been delayed due to winter weather in Caro, Michigan. Snow, low ceilings, ice...airport is covered in 1/2 inch of ice. But, we are getting close. (Sunny and 75 here in Orlando, fyi :D )
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Once you get your hands on that plane, will need some pictures ... I love light sport airplanes pictures :D