Sling 2 build / Midwest Sky Sports

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

Scooper

Re: Sling 2 build / Midwest Sky Sports

Post by Scooper »

Nice video clip, Cam. Check for leaks, button up the cowling, and go fly! Congrats on doing a fantastic job.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

Nice video clip, Cam. Check for leaks, button up the cowling, and go fly! Congrats on doing a fantastic job.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
Sling 2 Pilot

Post by Sling 2 Pilot »

Is that the Air Box against the firewall Cam? Mine sits up top rear of the engine, I/F/O the battery.
HornedFrogGrant

Post by HornedFrogGrant »

That is one beautiful airplane.
Grant
Sport Pilot - ASEL
cam737

Post by cam737 »

Sling 2 Pilot wrote:Is that the Air Box against the firewall Cam? Mine sits up top rear of the engine, I/F/O the battery.
Hey. No technical questions please. I am just a pilot. If it works great and lasts a long time...good. But, to attempt to answer your question Sling 2, ...I think so if you are looking at upper aft area of engine.

Thanks Scooper and HornedFrog!
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
cogito

Post by cogito »

Great looking plane Cam, nice paint and excellent panel. I just sold my Sling 2 (S-LSA) in which I:

-flew 1,500 hrs (in 5 years)
-flew with countless friends and family members.
-flew with TAF crew to many Sun N Funs, Reno Air Races, OSHs and to Oregon to see the eclipse. Great people (as are the Midwest Sky Sports team.)
-Won a Flour Bomb contest in Mojave.
-landed in 48 US states
-received Private Cert. and Instrument Rating.

Heck of a plane, thanks for posting this build thread, I'm sure you'll have many years of fantastic flying
-Craig
cam737

Post by cam737 »

Thanks Craig! We met in August of 2017 and went to lunch with Jean. I loved your Sling (164Y...sounds like you sold it) and the dual G3X Touch setup. So, what is your current ride?

Cam
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
cogito

Post by cogito »

cam737 wrote:Thanks Craig! We met in August of 2017 and went to lunch with Jean. I loved your Sling (164Y...sounds like you sold it) and the dual G3X Touch setup. So, what is your current ride?

Cam
164Y is a great plane, after you saw it, I installed a GTN650, so I could get an Instrument Rating. It's currently at TOA teaching other IFR students. Looks like you were smart enough to install your final panel from the beginning (took me three tries.) I've been plane-less for nearly a month. Would like to get the TSi, but it's a little spendy. Not compared with a Cirrus, especially considering maintenance and operating costs, but compared with an LSA, it's more. I'm considering a quick-build kit.

-Craig
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

cogito wrote:
cam737 wrote:Thanks Craig! We met in August of 2017 and went to lunch with Jean. I loved your Sling (164Y...sounds like you sold it) and the dual G3X Touch setup. So, what is your current ride?

Cam
164Y is a great plane, after you saw it, I installed a GTN650, so I could get an Instrument Rating. It's currently at TOA teaching other IFR students. Looks like you were smart enough to install your final panel from the beginning (took me three tries.) I've been plane-less for nearly a month. Would like to get the TSi, but it's a little spendy. Not compared with a Cirrus, especially considering maintenance and operating costs, but compared with an LSA, it's more. I'm considering a quick-build kit.

-Craig

I really like their new TSi but I wish they offered a 1600 lbs two seater with the new engine ( basically Sling 2 TSi) - I have no need for a 4 seater but I wouldn’t mind to play with the new Rotax toy :D
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
cogito

Post by cogito »

Warmi wrote:
cogito wrote:

Cam

-Craig

I really like their new TSi but I wish they offered a 1600 lbs two seater with the new engine ( basically Sling 2 TSi) - I have no need for a 4 seater but I wouldn’t mind to play with the new Rotax toy :D
I agree with you. I’m sure it’s nice to have the extra seats on the rare occasion another couple would like to fly with us to lunch etc. But the size of the cabin and luggage area of the Sling 2 is sufficient for our needs, I would just like to go a little faster. I flew the Sling 2 Los Angeles to NY in one day this summer (usually done in 2 days) and I’m not itching to do that again.

Please let The Airplane Factory know that you’re interested in a 915 powered Sling 2, I already have. With the possible expansion of LSA weight limits, this plane could be (in a few years) a Light Sport.
cam737

Post by cam737 »

*CENSORED*

PLEASE KEEP POLITICS OFF OF THE FORUM!

THANK YOU,

ADMIN
cam737
Sling 2 Build
[email protected]

swa
drseti

Post by drseti »

Tom, I did not censor the post! Perhaps the site owner did.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

The ones I am concerned about are those who will not receive their paychecks Friday. Many (maybe most) of these people can't make "other arrangements" to pay their house payments or rent, car payments, health insurance premiums, groceries, medicine, etc. Short-term government funding should not be a political football.
Retired from flying.
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

It is a pain but they will get their checks eventually - the ones that are really gonna be hurting are various contractors who don’t have the protection of guaranteed back-pay the way the employees do.
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

Warmi wrote:It is a pain but they will get their checks eventually - the ones that are really gonna be hurting are various contractors who don’t have the protection of guaranteed back-pay the way the employees do.
You just don't get it. It's more than a "pain." Eventually, does not work for most employees. Contractors can absorb these things. They can buy fewer new airplanes and vacation homes. They will not be "hurting" at all.
Last edited by TimTaylor on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired from flying.