Signed a contract today ...

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

MackAttack

Re: Signed a contract today ...

Post by MackAttack »

Good luck with it!!
Flocker

Post by Flocker »

FastEddieB wrote:I'd suggest something similar - mine's done in Excel, and I'd be happy to email it as a template if you don't want to start from scratch.
Could I get a copy too?
Aviation Real Estate Broker
Flocker

Post by Flocker »

eyeflygps wrote:I lost 30 pounds in 2 months to fly a SkyCatcher with a passenger.
Is that you Sport Pilot? This story sounds familiar... LFC just swapped 29Z and 252. That just bought you an extra gallon of fuel!
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

Flocker wrote:
FastEddieB wrote:I'd suggest something similar - mine's done in Excel, and I'd be happy to email it as a template if you don't want to start from scratch.
Could I get a copy too?
Just sent via email.

Love to see it once you've modified it.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
Flocker

Post by Flocker »

Flocker wrote:
Could I get a copy too?
Got it. Thanks Eddie!
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

Flocker wrote:
eyeflygps wrote:I lost 30 pounds in 2 months to fly a SkyCatcher with a passenger.
Is that you Sport Pilot? This story sounds familiar... LFC just swapped 29Z and 252. That just bought you an extra gallon of fuel!
Shh, he is trying to fly under the radar.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Yeah, he almost fooled me there for a moment. Glad you're still with us, SP.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
drseti

Post by drseti »

;)
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
jetcat3

Post by jetcat3 »

Congrats Joel! 837TA is SUCH a stunning aircraft. It's truly a flying Ferrari out there. I hope you have a lot of fun with her!
MackAttack

Post by MackAttack »

Greetings all! Just to close the loop on this thread, I picked up my plane in Sebring at Tecnam's facility this week; flew it back with the Tecnam sales manager and combined transition training and flight review on the trip plus training before and after. As a result, it took 2 days (plus training before we left) as we did several short legs, but it was a great trip along the Gulf Coast - interesting weather and ATC events (including a full on emergency declaration by a Navy jet transport at Gulfport while we were climbing out - all turned out well but listened to the whole litany, 12 souls, etc.). Altitude varied from 2000 under clouds to 10k with ATC approval to get over some cumulus. Lots of fun zipping down the Panhandle/Alabama/Mississippi coastline to some classic rock on the XM while watching a beautiful late afternoon and evening sun sink below distant cloud decks ... Fantastic!

So now, after 35 years of rust, I've got my flight review behind me and have done some solo work, and have a great new plane. Lots more to learn and lots of practice to come, that's for sure. But all is well in the world! Big thanks to everyone on this forum for all the great info ... Both up until now and to come.

Cheers!

PS -ATC was great the whole way, from Miami Center through the Houston Bravo, and flight following really is the way to go ...
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

Great little recap of your delivery trip!

Keep the stories and photos coming.
- Bruce
designrs

Post by designrs »

Sounds like you had a blast.
Congrats!
- Richard
Sport Pilot / Ground Instructor
Previous Owner: 2011 SportCruiser