Does this exist?

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

ANewHope

Does this exist?

Post by ANewHope »

LSA with stick, tail wheel, xpndr and radio for $25-30k?

I think a Champ could be perfect, but I'm with the mode C veil at ORD. No electrical as LSA Champ, right?

Dreaming a bit.

Also - how come there is no active partnership aggregation site? It would be awesome if there was a trade a plane or controller.com of partnerships. Or maybe nobody near me partners (I know those sites have a partner page, but not very robust).
drseti

Re: Does this exist?

Post by drseti »

Not sure, but aren't aircraft originally built without electrical systems exempt from the Mode C requirement?
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
3Dreaming

Re: Does this exist?

Post by 3Dreaming »

That is correct. A airplane that was originally certified without a electrical system can operate in the class D, E, and G airspace within the 30 mile mode C ring. I also know of a person who flies a no transponder Taylorcraft from a class C airport. He has a letter of agreement on file with the local ATC.