Odd thing that happened today

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

SportPilot

Re: Odd thing that happened today

Post by SportPilot »

Last edited by SportPilot on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flocker

Post by Flocker »

SportPilot wrote:In Atlanta, hangers are expensive and hard to come by.
You got that right. At PDK you have to pay $200 just to get on the waiting list, which I've heard could be years. The older t-hangars on the NW ramp go for $375/M. The new West hangars run $450/M. Insane.
Aviation Real Estate Broker
Nomore767

Post by Nomore767 »

At Rock Hill there are 'condo-hangars which go for around $60K. My last field had very few hangars some owned some rented. Rental was $375 mo unless you wanted to buy for $55k and the owner would boot the junior rental guy out!

The closer to the big city the higher the fees and ownership costs.
drseti

Post by drseti »

This is precisely why I decided to base my flight school at Lock Haven PA. My total monthly rent (hangar, office, and simulator room) runs $275, and that includes utilities, telephone, and internet! :)
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Nomore767

Post by Nomore767 »

drseti wrote:This is precisely why I decided to base my flight school at Lock Haven PA. My total monthly rent (hangar, office, and simulator room) runs $275, and that includes utilities, telephone, and internet! :)
Paul,

This just goes to show that pilots aren't 'cheap'. They're just SO 'value conscious'!! :mrgreen:
SportPilot

Post by SportPilot »