Skycatcher Rudder Pedals

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

BrianL99

Re: Skycatcher Rudder Pedals

Post by BrianL99 »

drdehave wrote:Keeping off the brakes was one of the hardest things for me to learn in the Sting Sport LSA (steerable nose wheel). It took me hundreds of hours to really master it. And like Paul says, the key was soft, supple shoes! Now, I keep those old $20 Walmart shoes at the hangar, and they go on before every single flight! They're no good for walking, so if I'll be doing that where I'm headed--or I'm going to stay overnight--my regular shoes go in the luggage box with me.

Before I "got it" my brake pads used to last 200-300 hours. Nowadays they never seem to wear out!
Have you tried your new brake pads yet?
drdehave

Re: Skycatcher Rudder Pedals

Post by drdehave »

About set to slap a new set on. I have one wheel/caliper set that, because it is not perfectly aligned, wears out one side of the pads instead of the whole pad, uniformly.

But I don't have the testiculos to put those Chinese pads on; I opted instead for a pair of US-made, from my local Harley Davidson dealer.

How about you? Are you running the Chinese ones on your Sting?
Sting Flight (Flying the Sting LSA)
http://www.youtube.com/user/9162069934/featured