Accelerated Sport CFI Training

Finally, a place for sport pilot instructors and/or wannabees to talk about instructing.

Moderator: drseti

mhaleem

Accelerated Sport CFI Training

Post by mhaleem »

Anyone know of any accelerated sport cfi courses. I am a full time public school math teacher and need a concentrated accelerated course. I have completed all the written tests, and have taught private pilot ground schools in the recent past. Lesson plans are all complete as they are very similar to the lesson plans I use in teaching middle/high school math. I possess a private/instrument rating with more than 150 hours, and need 15 hours PIC LSA, spin endorsement, etc. Thanks
Tuskegee U Alum
drseti

Re: Accelerated Sport CFI Training

Post by drseti »

mhaleem wrote:need 15 hours PIC LSA, spin endorsement, etc.
You can certainly come up here (KLHV) and fly off your 15 hours pretty quickly (as soon as the weather improves). If you don't have much LSA experience, I'd start you off with my three-day transition course (see http://avsport.org/about/downsize.htm), which would double as your required CFI dual instruction. I'll then be happy to give you a practice CFI checkride and signoff, but the spin training will be a problem, since my LSA (like most of them) is placarded against anything other than straight and level. We'd probably have to get you your spin training in a certified aircraft, not an LSA.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
dstclair

Post by dstclair »

Paul -- hypothetically speaking :D

Lets say a PP-ASEL with an Instrument rating (but not current) showed up on your doorstep with around 400 hrs in an LSA, had passed both written tests, had recent spin training and teaches professional seminars in his area of expertise a couple times a year. Provided this old dog could be taught new tricks, what would it take time-wise to fully prep for a successful CFI-S check ride?
dave
drseti

Post by drseti »

Dave, I think I could have you ready in a week (hypothetically speaking, of course!) :wink:
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Helen

Post by Helen »

We'd be happy to have you at Chesapeake Sport Pilot as well.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Helen Woods
Chesapeake Sport Pilot
Quality Flight Training, Rentals, and Service
Factory Authorized RV-12 Training and Service Center
http://www.chesapeakesportpilot.com