New Member from GA

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

ironnerd

New Member from GA

Post by ironnerd »

Hey all.
I'll keep is brief.

I'm a Private Pilot (side-grading to Sport Pilot), and an A&P who does Condition Inspections on E-AB, and E/SLSA aircraft.
Hopefully a soon-to-be builder of an LSA-compliant E-AB.
Also a member of the Georgia Sport Flyers http://www.georgiasportflyers.com/
“I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.”
– Antoine de Saint-Exupery
ShawnM

Re: New Member from GA

Post by ShawnM »

Welcome ironnerd, please share what you plan on building. An old hangar buddy I had a few years ago had a E-AB RV-12. I do like your group that you are a member of in Georgia, we need something like like here in my area to gather some like minded people together.
ironnerd

Post by ironnerd »

I started with a CGI Hawk SSC I got from a family friend. When I started looking around, I found that every hole (every hole) was snow-manned. There were some other shenanigans in there as well (Like structure being held together by the fabric).
So... I set that one aside.

Then I bought a Hi-Max as a "80% complete" project.
The plywood skin failed the punch test.
Once I removed the ply, I found a bunch of glue joints i could see through, and a few more that popped without pulling wood from either side of the joint.
So... I set that one aside as well.

I gave a lot of thought to a Precentor Pup, but I did quite a bit better at gluing than welding in A&P school... so I decided to stick with a wood plane.

Currently I am looking at the Janowski J-2.
ironnerd

Post by ironnerd »

When I am not dreaming of odd-ball airplane, I maintain and fly a Ercoupe 415C. Once in a while I also get to fly a CTLS. I'll probably get some time in a FlightStar fairly soon as well (just waiting for better weather).