Greetings from WV

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

WVAviator

Greetings from WV

Post by WVAviator »

Hello all,

Thanks for the approval. A&P and aspiring Sport Pilot with an Evektor Sportstar living on WV28 near Clarksburg, WV. Just wanted to introduce myself and thanks to all who kept the site going. I will definitely be contributing for the next go round.

Cheers,

Chad
3Dreaming

Re: Greetings from WV

Post by 3Dreaming »

Welcome aboard.
yabiah

Post by yabiah »

Welcome! WV28 looks beautiful on Google maps.
Are you flying out of there with your Sportstar?
StingSport N606N S-LSA / Retired Long-distance motorcyclist; IBA #558
drseti

Post by drseti »

Good to have you here, Chad. I run a small flight school and maintenance shop in Lock Haven PA, and have owned two SportStars. They make an excellent primary trainer (assuming you can find a CFI and mechanic who know the Sport Pilot and LSA rules!) If you have any questions, I'm here to help.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

Welcome Chad!

What year is your Sportstar? I have a 2006 model and am in central North Carolina. Your home airport looks very challenging. Hopefully you have somewhere else to learn to fly.

-Dave
WVAviator

Post by WVAviator »

Thanks for the warm Welcomes. Dave, the Sportstar is a 2005 model. I am in a partnership with my Father-in-law and Uncle-in-law. It was originally based in Martinsburg WV. The original owner flew it up to his 100's, with a safety pilot of course, until his passing.

WV28, is a challenging. No not training out of there. I have it hangard at 4G7 while I'm training.

Dr. Seti, CFI and mechanic are covered, I think finding a DPE may be the challenging part.

Chad
drseti

Post by drseti »

WVAviator wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:20 am Dr. Seti, CFI and mechanic are covered, I think finding a DPE may be the challenging part.
I've got you covered, Chad. See:
http://SportPilotExaminer.US

Safe Skies,
Paul
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
WVAviator

Post by WVAviator »

Dr. Seti,

Very good indeed. Not too far of a run to get up to you. How's your schedule running? While I am in the beginning phase of training, my goal is to be completed by the end of the year, weather and proficiency permitting of course.

Chad
drseti

Post by drseti »

I'm doing a lot of traveling currently, Chad, so best to coordinate this when you get closer. Ring me up at the contact number listed on my DPE website as you near completion of your training, and we'll work something out.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US