New guy from CT

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Unclefish

New guy from CT

Post by Unclefish »

Student Pilot
Just getting involved into avaition. So far I am just learning and doing my book work. Flown with a few friends and enjoyed it. Have my medical and still waiting on my actual student pilots licence to come.
Thanks to Gerald for getting my registration resolved.
I'm sure I will be full of questions and all ears from learning from ya.
drseti

Re: New guy from CT

Post by drseti »

Welcome aboard, Fish. You're embarking on an exciting journey. Along the way, I'm sure you'll have a million questions. There are folks here who will be happy to provide answers. Just please don't overwhelm us - keep it down to half a million!

Safe Skies,
Paul
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
nub_pilot

Post by nub_pilot »

Welcome Fish,
I'm also a student pilot in CT (5 whole hours under my belt) and started my training with Learn2Fly CT out of Hartford-Brainard (KHFD). I am working on my Sport Pilot certificate, but their LSA plane has been out for repairs which should be back anytime.

Good luck on your training and let me know if you have any questions.

Jeremy
Unclefish

Post by Unclefish »

nub_pilot wrote:Welcome Fish,
I'm also a student pilot in CT (5 whole hours under my belt) and started my training with Learn2Fly CT out of Hartford-Brainard (KHFD). I am working on my Sport Pilot certificate, but their LSA plane has been out for repairs which should be back anytime.

Good luck on your training and let me know if you have any questions.

Jeremy
Thanks will be based out of Groton. Between watching videos and studying the books hopefully I will have a better understanding of all this.When it comes time to fly . Almost would like to do that ground course and go get my written test out of the way. Then I can just concentrate on learning to fly.
AGLyme

Post by AGLyme »

I am based in Chester, have a Flight Design (LSA). If you want to make a lunch run, let me know.
Unclefish

Post by Unclefish »

Thanks sounds good. I sent you a private message with my cell
Atrosa

Post by Atrosa »

HI Unclefish,
I'm from CT too. I live in middlefield but was training out of 4B9 (simsbury)prior to COVID. Being a remote worker now I'm going to probably restart training at KHFD with learn2flyCT along side Jeremy but in their piper.... although I really want some left seat time in the LSA. I thought a medical was going to be an issue (kidney stone 9 years ago) until talking to an AME so I will go for my PPL and IFR. Keep us posted on your progress.
-Tony
Unclefish

Post by Unclefish »

Up to 19 hours now. Really liking this. Hardest thing I have done yet. Still have alot to learn.
malexander

Post by malexander »

I think getting a few hours in the airplane, before taking the written, makes the written a little easier. You have a better understanding of some of the questions.