Hello from Murfreesboro, TN

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

TNsportpilot

Hello from Murfreesboro, TN

Post by TNsportpilot »

Hello everyone!

I am a student pilot who started ppl and at 17 hours decided that spl was a better fit for me. I was lucky enough to find a flight school about 30 mins from my home airport KMBT, that has a Cessna 162.

I haven’t flown it yet but am extremely excited to get in and see just how different it is than the 172 I’ve been training in.

My goal is to build the time, get the certificate and possibly purchase my own plane. Jabiru has a place nearby that services their planes so I am curious as to you’re guys thoughts on them? Models, handling, etc.

Glad to be here!
drseti

Re: Hello from Murfreesboro, TN

Post by drseti »

Welcome aboard! Sport Pilot isn't right for everybody, but if it fits your mission, and you can live within its limitations, it presents some wonderful opportunities. Keep us posted on your progress (and don't forget to have fun along the way).
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
TNsportpilot

Post by TNsportpilot »

Thanks! My mission is to hop around, have fun, take a passenger for quick trips, etc.

While I would love to eventually go ppl and ifr for less restriction, I think Sport Pilot will cover me for a while!
AviatorCrafty

Post by AviatorCrafty »

Welcome! I myself trained for my sport pilot license in the 162 (although I'll be transitioning to gliders/upgrading to ppl very soon) and I loved it. Of course it's useful load can be very limiting but I loved the Garmin G300 avionics and it felt very sporty to fly.
Commercial Pilot - Glider
Sport Pilot ASEL
Remote Pilot

John 3:16
Nsconductor

Post by Nsconductor »

Welcome to the forum. I’m based south of CHA in Jasper, GA (JZP) and fly a Jabiru 250SP. Love the airplane, much more than the 162. If you want to come down this way and fly a JAB let me know. Get Inspired Flight owns the airplane and will only rent it to their former students, but I would be happy to take you for a flight. Have fun, learn all you can, and fly safe.
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

Welcome!

We're a "fur piece" east of you, just outside Knoxville. If you ever make it over this way, love to chat with you, and maybe even go up in my Sky Arrow.

Best of luck in your endeavors, regardless.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
TNsportpilot

Post by TNsportpilot »

Nsconductor wrote:Welcome to the forum. I’m based south of CHA in Jasper, GA (JZP) and fly a Jabiru 250SP. Love the airplane, much more than the 162. If you want to come down this way and fly a JAB let me know. Get Inspired Flight owns the airplane and will only rent it to their former students, but I would be happy to take you for a flight. Have fun, learn all you can, and fly safe.

I would love that! We are from GA and all of our family is still there. I cover GA as part of my territory and will let you know next time I’m down. I’m actually considering a Jabiru for a couple of various reasons, one being the service center the next town over from me in Shelbyville, TN.
TNsportpilot

Post by TNsportpilot »

FastEddieB wrote:Welcome!

We're a "fur piece" east of you, just outside Knoxville. If you ever make it over this way, love to chat with you, and maybe even go up in my Sky Arrow.

Best of luck in your endeavors, regardless.
Thanks! I do get that way from time to time for work! I am learning so much right now and it’s great having found this forum. Now/ if I can ever get that 162 in the air, I’ll be that much closer to certification. Today was the 4th try. Twice the battery was dead, once wind no go, and today, the previous student filled it up and we were overweight. So, I flew a 2009 172S instead for the hour and same rate. Whatever gets me in the sky i guess!!