Reintroduction

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

dstclair

Reintroduction

Post by dstclair »

I've been a member of SPT for close to 11 years now and have posted on a variety of topics leveraging my nearly 30 years of experience as a pilot, aircraft owner, S-LSA owner and (all too frequent) avionics upgrader :D I retired from a 35 year career in software development over a year ago and have been searching for what is now termed an 'encore career'. After decompressing for quite awhile, I decided I wanted to do something in aviation that leverages the 'fun' parts of my prior career. I've been a very satisfied and impressed user of iFlyGPS for 6 years and through sheer serendipity connected with the founder of Adventure Pilot/iFlyGPS. So reminiscent of Victor Kiam years ago who bought Remington Razors ("I liked the shaver so much I bought the company!"), I like iFlyGPS so much I joined them as VP of Business Development. It didn't hurt that Adventure Pilot is based 10 minutes from my house :D

I'll still continue to post and lurk as before just wanted full disclosure of my background when I post on navigation GPS topics. That being said, I have always prided myself on putting customers first and working with them to provide the right solution, regardless of the products and service my firm was offering. I expect this to continue.
dave
TimTaylor

Re: Reintroduction

Post by TimTaylor »

Thanks Dave for your "full disclosure." I agree iFly GPS is the best app available. I am a long time user and part of the beta team. Brian is the most responsive developer I have ever encountered. To me, he is the heart and soul of AP.
Retired from flying.
RTK

Post by RTK »

Congratulations on the encore career, Dave! It’s been said that if you do what you love, it isn’t a “job.” I envy you both for having retired, and for finding a role with an organization that supports the pilot community and is one of your passions.
Jim Hardin

Post by Jim Hardin »

YOU will be my go to guy if I have questions about my iFly 720 :D
drseti

Post by drseti »

Congratulations, Dave, and welcome back to active forum status. We've missed your posts!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US