New Sport Pilot - Richmond, VA area

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

BradR

New Sport Pilot - Richmond, VA area

Post by BradR »

Hey everyone,

Monday was my checkride! I left with that piece of paper in hand that I had been obsessing about for the past 4 months. I actually think I was over-prepared! Yesterday I took my wife up as my first passenger (who is not a fan of flying even commercial) toured around for about an hour and greased the landing. She said I was a good pilot and that she will fly with me again!

Is it just me or is it normal to feel like.... whats next? Where should I go. What other planes should I learn to fly? Somehow I feel like I just cracked a door open to a whole new world!

Brad
Warmi

Re: New Sport Pilot - Richmond, VA area

Post by Warmi »

Congratulations !
I was in the same boat last year .... what sort of planes are you flying right now ?
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Congrats Brad, it's certainly a milestone in anyone's life.

I didn't feel the same as you though, sure I just cracked the door open, but I was ready to enjoy flying my own plane WITHOUT my instructor sitting next to me. :mrgreen: It's an adventure every time I take off and never gets old.
Sling 2 Pilot

Post by Sling 2 Pilot »

Congrats!
joey4420

Post by joey4420 »

Congrats, I got my ticket last May and have flown 120 hours since in my Ercoupe.
Joey
Cincinnati OH
Sport Pilot
Double Eagle N35DE
BradR

Post by BradR »

Warmi wrote:Congratulations !
I was in the same boat last year .... what sort of planes are you flying right now ?
I have trained exclusively in Tecnam P92 Eaglet. Going to get checked out in the low wing Tecnam as they seem to get rented a lot less.

Not any other LSA rentals in my are that I am aware of. My FBO is about 40 min drive. I have another airport 20 mins away but they don’t have LSAs.
chicagorandy

Post by chicagorandy »

Sincere kudos! Safe and frequent flying.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Half Fast

Post by Half Fast »

Congrats! Great feeling, isn’t it?
1/2
----------------
I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.