New Pilot in Training

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Kayelbe

New Pilot in Training

Post by Kayelbe »

Hello all!

Obligatory history: Like probably 99.9% of you, I've wanted to fly since I was a little kid. Life's obstacles got in the way and the dream went to the back burner until a random conversation with a coworker late last year. Turns out, we've both wanted to fly, and quickly our BS sessions evolved into a "let's just do this!" moment. For a variety of reasons, we have both decided on obtaining our SPL. Our Disco-flights are tomorrow at KGEU! Looking forward to an amazing experience!
HAPPYDAN

Re: New Pilot in Training

Post by HAPPYDAN »

Glendale AZ. Welcome aboard. Keep us posted on your progress. By any chance, are you flying with Light Sport Man? He has an operation in Glendale, just thought I'd ask. Good Luck!
Sling 2 Pilot

Post by Sling 2 Pilot »

Welcome and please be sure to post your discovery flight experience. What will you be flying?
RTK

Post by RTK »

Sling 2 Pilot wrote:Welcome and please be sure to post your discovery flight experience. What will you be flying?
Ditto!

I remember my discovery flight. It was on a turbulent day. The flight school owner told me, "If today's flight didn't scare you off, then flight training won't be a problem for you." He was right!

I think in another post you wrote that you were flying a SportCruiser. Great time of year to fly one as the bubble canopy can get hot in summer, but weather now should be really pleasant. Have a great time flying and let us know how it went!
carlapilot

Post by carlapilot »

Hello! I am also very new in flying as I have just started my PPL. Im looking forward to really fly a plane, and learn everything about flying! I am already addicted... it s so beautiful...
MrMorden

Post by MrMorden »

New pilots are the lifeblood of the aviation hobby. Hooray for new pilots!!!
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA
Sling 2 Pilot

Post by Sling 2 Pilot »

So, Kayelbe...How'd it go?
carlapilot

Post by carlapilot »

:D thanks, in the name of beginners :) :)
MrMorden wrote:New pilots are the lifeblood of the aviation hobby. Hooray for new pilots!!!