Greetings from Jamaica

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Oneil_DAG

Greetings from Jamaica

Post by Oneil_DAG »

Hello everyone,

I have been reading quite a number of topics on this forum and I decided to join.

I hope to learn as much as I can with special emphasis on the Tecnam P92 and operating a flight club.

Hope you enjoyed the Christmas festivities and I look forward to meeting you all.

Oneil.
drseti

Re: Greetings from Jamaica

Post by drseti »

Welcome aboard, Oneil. Those of us in the snowbound north envy you the mild Jamaica winters.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

Greetings and welcome, Oneil. You'll find lots of sound advice here.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
Jim Hardin

Post by Jim Hardin »

Welcome to the boards
Oneil_DAG

Post by Oneil_DAG »

Greetings to you Professor, Stan, and Jim. Thanks for the warm welcome :)
Nomore767

Post by Nomore767 »

Is that Jamaica as in Montego Bay and Kingston...or Jamaica NY?! Big difference in temperature! :mrgreen:

Are there many Light Sport aircraft where you are?
Oneil_DAG

Post by Oneil_DAG »

Nomore767 wrote:Is that Jamaica as in Montego Bay and Kingston...or Jamaica NY?! Big difference in temperature! :mrgreen:

Are there many Light Sport aircraft where you are?
That would be Kingston, Jamaica with all the warmth that comes with it :D :D :D

Actually, there's only one LSA here, a Tecnam P92. I am conducting due diligence on using LSAs in flight training hence why I joined the group to learn as much as I can from the diverse experience here. From the posts I have read so far, it has been very insightful and I really appreciate you all for sharing your experiences.
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

If it's flight training for hire, that requires an SLSA (factory built). I think if it's an owner or part owner getting the instruction, you can use an ELSA (kit built).
Retired from flying.
Oneil_DAG

Post by Oneil_DAG »

TimTaylor wrote:If it's flight training for hire, that requires an SLSA (factory built). I think if it's an owner or part owner getting the instruction, you can use an ELSA (kit built).
Thanks Tim, yes it will be flight training for hire.
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

TimTaylor wrote:If it's flight training for hire, that requires an SLSA (factory built). I think if it's an owner or part owner getting the instruction, you can use an ELSA (kit built).
Are you sure about that? I'm not familiar with the rules in Jamaica for aviation.
Oneil_DAG

Post by Oneil_DAG »

3Dreaming wrote:
Are you sure about that? I'm not familiar with the rules in Jamaica for aviation.
The regulations in Jamaica are similar to those in Canada than the US. S-LSA are referred to as advanced ultralights and E-LSA are referred to as basic ultralights. Both S-LSA and E-LSA are issued with a flight permit here to conduct operations in accordance with the certificate issued by TC, FAA or EASA. The same operating limitations apply as they would in the US as it relates to E-LSA and S-LSA.