Hello from Lake Chelan Washington (KS10)

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Paul_G

Hello from Lake Chelan Washington (KS10)

Post by Paul_G »

Hello Forum Members. I happened to find this forum while doing a Google search on my recently purchased 2016 Sirius TL-3000. I have completed my student pilot training and will be taking my checkride for my private pilot certificate any day now. I started my training in February, and after a seven month delay (and a medical waiver), I'm finally ready. At 70 years old, I couldn't drag out my training - it's finally time to fly.

As for my Sirius TL-3000, I have put about 50+ hours on it in the last two months, and I couldn't be happier. It was a dealer demo with only 50 hours and loaded with two Dynon 10" Skyview displays, autopilot and leather seats. The dealer in Sisters, Oregon has been the best - and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

I'm looking forward to reading the forum and staying connected with the group.

Paul
Paul G
N400TL 2016 Sirius TL-3000
Chelan, WA (S10)
Warmi

Re: Hello from Lake Chelan Washington (KS10)

Post by Warmi »

Welcome.

I bought TL Sting S4 , pretty much the same deal as you , a dealer demo with 150 hours but I got it from SportAirUSA in Arkansas.
I am kind of curious that you mention another TL dealer in Oregon .. I thought SportAir was the exclusive dealer for TL Products in the US...
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
Paul_G

Post by Paul_G »

Warmi wrote:Welcome.

I bought TL Sting S4 , pretty much the same deal as you , a dealer demo with 150 hours but I got it from SportAirUSA in Arkansas.
I am kind of curious that you mention another TL dealer in Oregon .. I thought SportAir was the exclusive dealer for TL Products in the US...
They are no longer exclusive. The dealer in Sisters Oregon has a website http://www.lightsportusa.com/
Paul G
N400TL 2016 Sirius TL-3000
Chelan, WA (S10)
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

Welcome, Paul, from another septuagenarian (75 here). Congratulations on purchasing your Sirius; it's a very nice airplane.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
akroguy

Post by akroguy »

Welcome, from another newbie! Enjoy the new ride. :)
2006 Evektor Sportstar SE
E98 Los Lunas, NM
Jim Hardin

Post by Jim Hardin »

Welcome to the board!
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

Paul_G wrote:They are no longer exclusive. The dealer in Sisters Oregon has a website http://www.lightsportusa.com/
I like the specs on the new Stream, but with retractable gear it's not an LSA; for a private pilot flying under BasicMed it looks like a fun ride though.
http://www.lightsportusa.com/stream.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 0rQVzNG3EY
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

I don't think Europeans have arbitrary restrictions related to retractable gear or variable prop pitch or even upper speed limit attached to their ultralight category ( I think the basic limits are 2 seater, non-turbo-prop, 600 kg and VSo at 45 knots )
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois