Hello from South Florida...

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Izzy

Hello from South Florida...

Post by Izzy »

Good afternoon to all. Been a long time lurker and read many informative posts over the last couple of years and decided to become part of the forum.

I'm 52 y/o - flying gliders since the age of 12 - currently a sport pilot holding a current 3rd class medical. Have enjoyed flying the SportCruiser for a few years now and can't imagine flying anything else.

Izzy
FastEddieB

Re: Hello from South Florida...

Post by FastEddieB »

Welcome!

I started my flying career in S FL - at Opa Locka - in 1975. Spent 30 years in S FL, ending up in Cooper City and based out of HWO.

Flew a glider there just one time out of Kendall Glider Port.

Loved my time there. Now, snug in the N GA mountains, the expression that comes to mind is, "It's a nice place to visit, but..."

Still, I regret not one minute of my time there.

We still get there about once or twice a year. Maybe we can touch base sometime!
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
Izzy

Re: Hello from South Florida...

Post by Izzy »

Yes, I understand! I was born and raised in Miami and have lived in West Hollywood (Broward) for the last 22 years. You mentioned Kendall Gliderport....that's where I soloed back many moons ago, still remember the date 8/25/1979! My instructor was Bill Harris, a Delta DC-10 Captain and I also flew with Ron Bird. I believe that the owners at the time were Rudy and Margie.

Georgia is absolutely gorgeous! We've been driving up to Asheville, NC for the last 11 years or so....love the mountains, but, can't/won't give up the ocean.

Izzy