Swedish new guy, hi all!

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Bushido

Swedish new guy, hi all!

Post by Bushido »

Hi everyone!

My name is Anton, and I'm a Helicopter pilot-in-training of the Swedish Airforce!

Nice to make your acquaintance! :)

/Anton
Kiddbats

Re: Swedish new guy, hi all!

Post by Kiddbats »

Hello and Welcome!!
RTK

Post by RTK »

Hello and welcome, Anton! Good luck with your helicopter training!
Bushido

Post by Bushido »

Thanks very much guys! :)
drseti

Post by drseti »

Personally, I don't fly ceiling fans, but I have the greatest respect for those who do. ;) Welcome aboard; fly safely.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Bushido

Post by Bushido »

drseti wrote:Personally, I don't fly ceiling fans, but I have the greatest respect for those who do. ;) Welcome aboard; fly safely.
Completely understandable, I mean I have a decent understanding of how the things actually work and even so I'm having a hard time believing these things can/should actually fly :lol: Like my instructor said during basic training: A helicopter basically consists of a million moving parts rotating rapidly around an oil leak while waiting for metal fatigue to set in :lol:

Thanks, and likewise! :)
HAPPYDAN

Post by HAPPYDAN »

Welcome Anton! Many years ago, when I was a communications officer in the 9th Air Cavalry Regiment, the pilots would say, "Airplanes fly; Helicopters beat the air into submission". So good luck beating the air into submission!
drseti

Post by drseti »

Actually, Dan, helicopters defy the laws of physics. You apply inordinate amounts of power, and somehow, they manage to lift off. By rights they should just screw themselves into the ground.
:)
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Bushido

Post by Bushido »

HAPPYDAN wrote:Welcome Anton! Many years ago, when I was a communications officer in the 9th Air Cavalry Regiment, the pilots would say, "Airplanes fly; Helicopters beat the air into submission". So good luck beating the air into submission!
Thanks very much! I shall do my best! :lol: