Hello from Indiana

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Kiddbats

Hello from Indiana

Post by Kiddbats »

Hi my name is Mike and I am from NW Indiana, I just found this forum and started my SP license in October although haven't had the chance to fly since mid November thank you very much mother nature. I have close to 5 hours in the air but feel like I will almost be starting over when I get up again. Have got quite a ways thru the ground school. Although not ready for the test yet. One thing is for sure I am loving it!
Wm.Ince

Re: Hello from Indiana

Post by Wm.Ince »

Kiddbats wrote:. . . "I have close to 5 hours in the air but feel like I will almost be starting over when I get up again." . . .
Welcome aboard!

Don't minimize that 5 hours one bit. It is experience already under your belt. The next time you go up, you know what to expect, you know what it feels like and you will be a lot more prepared to learn, than your first flight.
It's like . . "money already in the bank." :D
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
joey4420

Re: Hello from Indiana

Post by joey4420 »

Started in October myself I have 11.1 hours now, finished my Knowledge test and do a lot of armchair flying. Best way to remember this is pretend to do radio calls while sitting in your chair or while driving down the road. Remember pattern altitude and what moves to make to land.

Welcome to the forum.
Joey
Cincinnati OH
Sport Pilot
Double Eagle N35DE