Hello From Weyers Cave, Virginia

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

BRCC

Hello From Weyers Cave, Virginia

Post by BRCC »

HI!

My name is Keith and I am with the Aviation Maintenance Technology Program at Blue Ridge Community College. I graduated from the AMT program five years ago, and I've worked at the school for the last three years. My aviation experience prior to that was 28 years in the US Navy working on RA-5C, A-7E, H-46, H-1, H-53, and E-2C aircraft. I also did three tours of Aircraft Intermediate Maintenance Department (AIMD) stationed CONUS (Norfolk, VA), ship's company (USS Theodore Roosevelt), and overseas (Rota, Spain).

I swore after retiring that I did not want to see another airplane or ship for as long as I lived! Well, life is funny and sometimes you just have to go back to what you know, however, general aviation and light sport provided me a change to what I was used to.

I love my job and I enjoy being around the students. We have a wide variety from all walks of life, ages, and backgrounds.

Thanks for having me and I look forward to being a member of the forums. :D
rdebord

Re: Hello From Weyers Cave, Virginia

Post by rdebord »

Hi Keith, I attended the 3 week LSRM class in 2015 and I was very happy with the school and I thought all of the instructors did a great job.
Rick DeBord
joey4420

Post by joey4420 »

Welcome aboard. I was with VA-65 (A-6E) on the CVN-71 (USS Theodore Roosevelt) during Desert Storm.

Added the brackets for those that didn't know what those acronyms meant.
Joey
Cincinnati OH
Sport Pilot
Double Eagle N35DE
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

Welcome aboard. Your user name seems really familiar. Do you use it on any other aviation or model airplane forums?
BRCC

Post by BRCC »

rdebord wrote:Hi Keith, I attended the 3 week LSRM class in 2015 and I was very happy with the school and I thought all of the instructors did a great job.
Rick DeBord
Thanks, Rick. Feedback like that is always appreciated. :wink:

Hopefully we'll have enough people to hold the classes this year.
BRCC

Post by BRCC »

joey4420 wrote:Welcome aboard. I was with VA-65 (A-6E) on the CVN-71 (USS Theodore Roosevelt) during Desert Storm.

Added the brackets for those that didn't know what those acronyms meant.
I was AIMD ship's company that cruise. I'll bet we passed each other a few times in the passageways. :)
BRCC

Post by BRCC »

3Dreaming wrote:Welcome aboard. Your user name seems really familiar. Do you use it on any other aviation or model airplane forums?
I don't, but there's two other community colleges that I'm aware of that use the same "BRCC".
foresterpoole

Post by foresterpoole »

Welcome to the forum!
Ed