Converting to LSA

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Ed Rawlings

Converting to LSA

Post by Ed Rawlings »

Hello, Two years ago after 30 years of flying certified airplanes, I sold my Cirrus SR22. I thought I would replace it with something smaller right away but as usual some life issues got in the way and the decision was postponed until now. I recently ordered a Bristell and am axiously awaiting its delivery next May. I started my look into the LSA world back in 2014 with Dr Paul Shuch and decided it would be a good option for me. Since then I have looked at almost all the models out there and test flown a few. In the end it got down to a very tough decision between the Sting and the Bristell. Both are terrific airplanes with great US rep organizations which made the decision even tougher. I look forward to some advice from others who made the transition to light sport.

Ed Rawlings
FastEddieB

Re: Converting to LSA

Post by FastEddieB »

Ed,

As a prior Cirrus owner we have a lot in common. I sold my 2003 Cirrus SR22 demo and bought a 2007 SLSA Sky Arrow which I converted to ELSA in 2009 and have no regrets.

PM me your phone number and a good time to call if you want to chat.

Fast Eddie
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]