Transplanted Buckeye in South Florida - Howdy!

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

tailwind

Transplanted Buckeye in South Florida - Howdy!

Post by tailwind »

My name is Lonnie, I'm a 52 year old business owner in Palm Beach County, FL. I grew up in SE Ohio, and spent 30 years with my wife in Dublin, Ohio (a suburb of Columbus). No kids, so I have been permitted to remain one for most of my life.

After years of making excuses why I shouldn't or couldn't, I am pursuing my Sport Pilot Certification. Perhaps my Private Pilot License after that. I grew up in the right seat of my Father's Whitman Tailwind and always assumed that I would follow his path. But life evolved quickly and I did not make it a priority.

So in my sixth decade I am beyond excited to be changing that. I am currently looking for the right CFI to guide me to certification here in South Florida.

I look forward to learning from all of you, and hearing from some.

Thanks for having me in the group.
Attachments
Me and my dad, Christmas eve, 1976 beside Piper Cherokee Warrior he trained in for his commercial rating
Me and my dad, Christmas eve, 1976 beside Piper Cherokee Warrior he trained in for his commercial rating
Neil & Lonnie at Zaleski .jpg (228.05 KiB) Viewed 4161 times
Half Fast

Re: Transplanted Buckeye in South Florida - Howdy!

Post by Half Fast »

Welcome!!

I'm in central Florida and working on my sport ticket at First Landings in Apopka. I turned 55 this summer and hope to retire in a few years, so I'm learning to fly as something my wife and I can do when I stop working.

BTW - there's a light sport expo coming up the first weekend of Nov in Deland. That might be a good opportunity for you to gather more information.

Glad you're here. Help yourself to coffee and a donut and join in!
1/2
----------------
I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.