Hi from Canada

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

MikeP

Hi from Canada

Post by MikeP »

Hi ladies and gents. I'm in Ontario and just getting back into aviation after a long hiatus. I see most of you guys are either CFIs or Sport Pilots. I'll probably try to certify up here as a rec pilot (SP in the US) as there is really no need to pursue a PP rating. All I need is VFR.
It seems like this is a very inviting place and the topics are very interesting, especially your experiences in training.
Wm.Ince

Re: Hi from Canada

Post by Wm.Ince »

MikeP wrote:Hi ladies and gents. I'm in Ontario and just getting back into aviation after a long hiatus. I see most of you guys are either CFIs or Sport Pilots. I'll probably try to certify up here as a rec pilot (SP in the US) as there is really no need to pursue a PP rating. All I need is VFR.
It seems like this is a very inviting place and the topics are very interesting, especially your experiences in training.
Welcome aboard!
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
drseti

Re: Hi from Canada

Post by drseti »

Glad to have you here, Mike. Having trained Canadians, I can tell you that Rec Pilot there is different from Rec Pilot in the US (and both are different from the US Sport Pilot rating). I've answered your Rec Pilot question on the other thread to which you posted.

Safe Skies,
Paul
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US