Hi from Virginia

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

ChristianWelch3

Hi from Virginia

Post by ChristianWelch3 »

Hello, my name is Christian Welch. I live in Waynesboro, VA. Im currently in training to get my Sports Pilots license. I'm training at KSHD(Shenandoah Valley Airport). I fly a 2014 Evektor Harmony. I've joined this Forums to meet new pilots and to learn. :D
Nomore767

Re: Hi from Virginia

Post by Nomore767 »

Welcome!

How is your flight training going?
ChristianWelch3

It's going pretty well! Ive gotten a lot of my ground work done and for the flying part I need to do reviews on my maneuvers then practice landings and should be ready to solo soon.
Cluemeister

Post by Cluemeister »

Welcome Christian! I am training as well. What have you found has been the most difficult part of training so far?
Flocker

Post by Flocker »

You "landed" in the right place! Welcome!
Aviation Real Estate Broker
ChristianWelch3

Cluemeister wrote:Welcome Christian! I am training as well. What have you found has been the most difficult part of training so far?
The Hardest thing for me is landings. When I'm on final I always seem to be low. The saying pitch for airspeed and power for altitude always confuses me sometime.
Cluemeister

Post by Cluemeister »

ChristianWelch3 wrote:
Cluemeister wrote:Welcome Christian! I am training as well. What have you found has been the most difficult part of training so far?
The Hardest thing for me is landings. When I'm on final I always seem to be low. The saying pitch for airspeed and power for altitude always confuses me sometime.
I hear you. I came in for a landing today and I was wondering what the guy holding short of the runway was thinking watching me squirrel around the approach as i came in to land.
ChristianWelch3

Cluemeister wrote:
ChristianWelch3 wrote:
I hear you. I came in for a landing today and I was wondering what the guy holding short of the runway was thinking watching me squirrel around the approach as i came in to land.
I usually fly every weekend, Friday and Saturdays. I haven't gotten to fly for a couple weeks due to winds. I know I'm gonna be even rusty when I try to land again lol. Good news is I've gotten a lot of my ground work done.
Cluemeister

Post by Cluemeister »

Please post updates of how your training is going. There is a training section on the forum if you want to post there, and lots of good information there as well.