Another hello from Socal and Baja

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

rdo4evr

Another hello from Socal and Baja

Post by rdo4evr »

Just signed up with the forum. Name is Russ Owens. Rdo4evr, stands for my initials and regular day off for ever. Retired and living life to the fullest.
Live in Orange County, CA and Gonzaga Bay, Baja, Mexico.
Fly a Champ 7AC, hangered at Fullerton (KFUL) and a Sport Copter Vortex gyrocopter that lives in my garage in Gonzaga Bay.
Have a few thousand hours and a bunch of unimportant letters behind my name. Just started reading several threads and like the cordiality on this forum. Get tired of some of the other forums juvenile personal ego posts.
Looking forward to meeting some or you.
Wm.Ince

Re: Another hello from Socal and Baja

Post by Wm.Ince »

rdo4evr wrote:Just signed up with the forum. Name is Russ Owens. Rdo4evr, stands for my initials and regular day off for ever. Retired and living life to the fullest.
Live in Orange County, CA and Gonzaga Bay, Baja, Mexico.
Fly a Champ 7AC, hangered at Fullerton (KFUL) and a Sport Copter Vortex gyrocopter that lives in my garage in Gonzaga Bay.
Have a few thousand hours and a bunch of unimportant letters behind my name. Just started reading several threads and like the cordiality on this forum. Get tired of some of the other forums juvenile personal ego posts.
Looking forward to meeting some or you.
Welcome aboard Rdo4evr.
Thanks for sharing a little of your background. :)
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
drseti

Post by drseti »

Nice to have you aboard, Russ. Do tell us more about the gyroplane. Experimental? What engine?
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
rdo4evr

Post by rdo4evr »

Yes it is a single seat experimental and a rotax 582 blue head 99.
​“Life is a journey to the grave.” It is not my intention to arrive safely, in a .... good looking and well-preserved body, but rather to slide in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!

Russ O
chavycha

Post by chavycha »

Gonzaga Bay is a beautiful place. Lucky dog!
I'm planning a Baja trip (flying) next year. We've been spending winters Pacific side for the past couple of years, but have to miss out this year because of work obligations. Ah well.
Scott K. :: A bunch of silly letters
Disclaimer :: Listen to me at your own risk. These are just my opinions...
ct4me

Post by ct4me »

Hey Russ... Welcome aboard. Are you at Alfonsinas? 'love that area, try to drop in whenever we're heading for Mulege or Loreto. Having the gyro down there must be heaven. Does it make the officials nervous?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkMrVenCGMM
Tim
-----
check out CTFlier.com