Another new member from Southern California

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

saxdiva

Another new member from Southern California

Post by saxdiva »

Hi all,

I'm Leanne, and after over 30 years of putting it off I am about 17 or so hours into my primary training. I grew up a short bike ride from El Monte airport, and spent a good chunk of my childhood there, watching the traffic and bumming rides when I could. Now I'm training there with the Socal Flying club in a Flight Design CTSW, and having a blast. It's turning out to be a tricky plane to land, but that's getting better and I know that soon it'll start to click. Hoping to do my pre-solo phase check next weekend. :)

When I'm on the ground I teach business at a local college, and I also work with at-risk youth in a nonprofit employment and college program. And when I'm not doing either of those, I'm probably at a rehearsal or gig somewhere. Hope to see some of you around the pilots' lounges sometime.

-Leanne
drseti

Re: Another new member from Southern California

Post by drseti »

Welcome aboard, Leanne! I used to fly into and out of El Monte three decades or more ago (probably back when you were riding your bike there) :) From your screen name, I'm guessing you play sax. Be sure to check out the Flying Musicians Association (flyingmusicians.org) - I joined four years ago, and just becam a Life Member.
Safe Skies,
paul
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

saxdiva wrote:Hi all,
I'm Leanne, and after over 30 years of putting it off I am about 17 or so hours into my primary training. I grew up a short bike ride from El Monte airport, and spent a good chunk of my childhood there, watching the traffic and bumming rides when I could. Now I'm training there with the Socal Flying club in a Flight Design CTSW, and having a blast. It's turning out to be a tricky plane to land, but that's getting better and I know that soon it'll start to click. Hoping to do my pre-solo phase check next weekend. :)
When I'm on the ground I teach business at a local college, and I also work with at-risk youth in a nonprofit employment and college program. And when I'm not doing either of those, I'm probably at a rehearsal or gig somewhere. Hope to see some of you around the pilots' lounges sometime.

-Leanne
Glad to have you on board Leanne. . . . :D

I also fly a CTSW, out of the Tampa area. I agree with you . . . fun little airplane . . . that has some serious range. I flew mine back from San Jose to Tampa, last March, where it now calls "home."

Another forum that may interest you is the Flight Design Forum. Many of us belong to that forum as well as this one. Both are fun places to exchange information and experience. Here is the link: http://ctflier.com/
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
RalphInCA

Post by RalphInCA »

I know this post is a little late but welcome from another Southern California flyer

I fly with foothill flying club at cable. Lately been flying their little Remos.
RTK

Post by RTK »

Hi All - student pilot (to be) here in SoCal. Just signed up with the Fly Light Sport organization out of Fullerton and will be training in their Remos. Looking forward to learning and contributing to this forum (and aviating, of course.)

Bob