New, from Glendora CA

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

RalphInCA

New, from Glendora CA

Post by RalphInCA »

Hi Guys, Just joined the forum. I live in Glendora, CA (San Gabriel Valley - LA region) and am currently renting a Remos G3 from Foothill Flying Club at Cable (CCB)

Love it. Fun airplane.

I am a reentry pilot. First earned my PPL in the 80s. Took a long time off and am no getting back in to aviation. For now, low and slow is good for me.
Wm.Ince

Re: New, from Glendora CA

Post by Wm.Ince »

Welcome aboard Ralph!
Many guys on here in the same boat as you.
Tons of experienced folks and a good source of information.. . . . :D
Last edited by Wm.Ince on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
Nomore767

Post by Nomore767 »

Hi Ralph!

Nothing wrong with low and slow! I like to look down at the freeways and see all the cars rushing somewhere, or up at the contrails streaking down south towards FL and think….hey, I'm retired! :mrgreen:
drseti

Post by drseti »

Good to have you aboard, Ralph. Welcome back to aviation. Any questions, just ask - we're all here to help.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
saxdiva

Post by saxdiva »

Hi Ralph,

Another new member from your neck of the woods. I live in Burbank and fly from El Monte, having grown up a bike ride away from that airport. Maybe I'll see you at an airport sometime--I'm learning in a Flight Design CTSW.

-Leanne
RalphInCA

Post by RalphInCA »

saxdiva wrote:Hi Ralph,

Another new member from your neck of the woods. I live in Burbank and fly from El Monte, having grown up a bike ride away from that airport. Maybe I'll see you at an airport sometime--I'm learning in a Flight Design CTSW.

-Leanne
Do you rent the CTSW? I don't live too far from El Monte and would love to fly a CTSW, to compare to the Remos.
saxdiva

Post by saxdiva »

I do--contact the SoCal Flying Club and they can set you up with a checkout flight. :-)