Vance Breese from Santa Maria, California

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Vance Breese

Vance Breese from Santa Maria, California

Post by Vance Breese »

My name if Vance Breese and I fly an Experimental Cavalon Gyroplane (two place side by side with a Rotax 914) and a one of a kind Experimental Gyroplane (two place tandem with an IO-320 B1A) out of Santa Maria, California.
We built the Cavalon (a kit) in Spanish Fork, Utah and I flew her home stopping in Buckeye, Arizona for my commercial practical test.
I did not build The Predator tandem but I have flown her 1,300 of her 1,500 hours since she was built in 1999. I purchased her in 2007.
I am a commercial pilot, Rotorcraft-Gyroplane.
I am working toward becoming a certified flight instructor.
I feel I don’t know enough about Sport Pilot even though the Cavalon can be flown by a Sport Pilot so I am here to learn about the advantages and disadvantages of Sport Pilot.
I find I seldom interpret the FARS correctly and mostly use my copy of the FARs as a sleep aid.
I am here to learn
Thank you, Vance
Regards, Vance Breese
Rotorcraft, Gyroplane CFI
KSMX
CTLSi

Re: Vance Breese from Santa Maria, California

Post by CTLSi »

Last edited by CTLSi on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

Welcome, Vance.

There are some distinctions you'll want to get straight.

- LSA as a certification category vs a defining set of characteristics
- Sport Pilot as a license vs operating priviledges exercised by pilots of any level
- drivers license medical as a system of assessing you ability to safely conduct a flight every one of 730 days vs a doctor doing it on one day and then self-assessing the next 729

Enjoy your time here and please share your aviation experiences. Like many forums, we have our share of those best ignored, and as with everything online, Caveat Reader. :-)
- Bruce
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

Vance Breese wrote:My name if Vance Breese and I fly an Experimental Cavalon Gyroplane (two place side by side with a Rotax 914) and a one of a kind Experimental Gyroplane (two place tandem with an IO-320 B1A) out of Santa Maria, California.
We built the Cavalon (a kit) in Spanish Fork, Utah and I flew her home stopping in Buckeye, Arizona for my commercial practical test.
I did not build The Predator tandem but I have flown her 1,300 of her 1,500 hours since she was built in 1999. I purchased her in 2007.
I am a commercial pilot, Rotorcraft-Gyroplane.
I am working toward becoming a certified flight instructor.
I feel I don’t know enough about Sport Pilot even though the Cavalon can be flown by a Sport Pilot so I am here to learn about the advantages and disadvantages of Sport Pilot.
I find I seldom interpret the FARS correctly and mostly use my copy of the FARs as a sleep aid.
I am here to learn
Thank you, Vance
Welcome aboard Vance.
Even though you are a rotor-head, we won't hold that against you.
Some good folks on here with plenty of knowledge. I'm just learning light sport myself.

Oh yeah . . . and I'm a rotor-head too! . . . :D
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator